Chapter 24

It's the next morning and I wake up and see that Ezra is gone. I realise I am in his shirt and some comfy bottoms. He really is a sweetheart. I love him. I turn over to see a note. It reads. 'To my gorgeous Tesoro, I love you and I'm sorry for not being with you last night, work was a madhouse but I will make it up to you xxxxxx'

My heart awwwed at his note. I text him 'I love you❤️' and I know it will make him smile. I get dressed and walk downstairs and see Fernando cooking. "Hi Fernando!" I smile. He smiles back ,"hi Mrs Coppola." "Have you got pictures?" I squeal. He nods and shows me and Ellie pictures of his son. "He's beautiful." I whisper. "He has his mothers eyes." He smiles.

I pass him the basket. "It's a congratulations, to building your family." I say. He smiles nearly in tears, "thank you Mrs Coppola." He opens the card and sees that I've signed it from me and Ezra. "Even the boss congratulates me." He smiles. In that moment I knew that Fernando looked up to him. It was cute.

He sends his wife a picture and he told me that she loves it and also sends her thanks. Fernando sets breakfast down in front of me and it's waffles. I smile and tuck in. After I'm finished I get up and peer outside to see if there are any cars on the drive. It's all clear.

I head to Ezra's office and he welcomes me in. "hey Tesoro." He smiles. "Hey. Fernando loved the basket." I say as I sit on his lap. "Good." He says whilst giving me a quick kiss. "Any plans today?" Ezra asks. "Mhm, apart from having you to myself. No I don't have any plans." I smirk. I kiss him and there is a knock at the door. He groans and says, "come in." I realise I am still sat on his lap with my arms wrapped around his neck. "Erm, one of the maids is being sick and she is asking for Aurora." One of the guard states.

I jump out of Ezra's grasp and run to the bathroom. I can feel Ezra following. It was Ellie. I hold my mouth holding back the fear. My emetophobia was sky high right now. Ezra stroked my back. "Just breathe." He whispered. "I can't do it." I whisper. He hands slides off of my back and walks over to Ellie. He crouched down and rubs her back, "are you okay?" He asks. My heart melts at his generosity. "I feel like I'm dying." She sobs. "Where's the pain?" He questions her. "My lower abdomen, it feels like I'm being stabbed." She says curling into a ball on the bathroom floor.

"I think she needs to go to the hospital." I say crying. Ezra scoops her up whilst she's still in a ball. "She'll be okay." He reassures me. I nod and follow him to the car. I sit on the back with Ellie who is crying. Ezra drives to the hospital and when we get there he carries her inside to the nurses and doctors. I hug Ezra and cry. "Hey, she will be okay Tesoro." He says rubbing my back and kissing my forehead. "You were so helpful." I say hiccuping. "Yeah well, my mother raised me to be a gentleman." He sighs. " I wish I could've met her." I whisper. "Me too." He whispers back leaning his forehead against mine.

It's been half an hour and we haven't heard anything. "You can get back to work baby if you want." I say holding his hand. "I don't want to leave you." He replies. "You have business to attend to." I sigh. "If you want me here, I will stay. You come first." He says stroking my cheek. "I know how busy you were yesterday, I don't want to delay your meetings, because then we have less time together." I state. He nods, "okay Tesoro. Only if you're sure." Ezra puzzles. "I'm sure." I say before I kiss him. "You are safe, my men are here. I love you." Ezra says. I nod before saying, "I love you more." He smiles and kisses me again before he leaves.

Three hours later a doctor comes and speaks to me. "Ellie is doing well in recovery. We had to take her to emergency surgery because her appendix had ruptured." She says. I was shocked and had my hand over my mouth the whole time. "You can go and see her." She says. I get up and walk towards her room. I walk in and see her smiling. "You scared me." I giggle. She laughs, "I thought I was dying." I hold her hand and talk to her about how she doesn't have to worry about work. "And them children of yours, best look after you!" I exclaim. "Oh, the oldest one will. My boy." She giggles.

Another doctor enters and says that she will be discharged in the morning. She should come back for one check up in four weeks, and if anything happens before then to come back. She nods at the doctor's instructions. "I'll get in touch with your husband Ellie." I say rubbing her shoulder. She nods and falls asleep. I inform her husband and he can't understand what I'm saying. I get one of the guards to translate and he frets over the phone at how he is at work tonight and won't be back until tomorrow dinner time. I reassure him that I will take care of everything. I leave the hospital and the bodyguards drive me home.

Ezra has finished work by this time as it is 11:30pm. I tell him my plan and he agrees. "The kids shouldn't be alone in the middle of the night." He agrees. We head together to Ellie's house and her husband has a rush of relief when he realises we will help. "Grazie Mille?" He says. ("Thank you so much") Ezra nods and we take the kids with us in their pyjamas. They have a little bag together for tomorrow. We head home and all three of the kids fell asleep in the car. I look at Ezra who is smiling at the kids. "You are going to be such a great dad one day." I whisper. His smile widens and he kisses me. "You will be a fantastic mother Tesoro." He replies.

He gets out of the car and opens my door. He picks up the oldest child. Their head rests on his shoulder and I pass him the second oldest child. He is holding a child in each arm. I grab the youngest which happens to be a toddler. I shut the door with my free hand and we walk to the front door. A guard opens the door and closes it behind us. We head to the spare bedroom next to us. Ezra lays the two children down and tucks them in. "We can't put the toddler in with them can we?" I whisper. He looks lost on what to do. "I know." He whispers before walking out of the room.

He comes back with a big bean bag from the living room. I place the toddler down in the bean bag and we took her in tightly so she can't wriggle free. "I can't wait till we experience this with our own children." I whisper. "Me too." Ezra whispers putting his arm around me. We watch the children sleep peacefully for a couple of minutes before entering our own bedroom and going to bed.

———

I wake up in the middle of the night to someone tapping me. I turn around out of Ezra's grasp. "What's wrong?" I whisper concerned as one of Ellie's kids was in front of me crying. I sit up and she says, "is my mummy going to die?" I pull her into a hug, "of course not baby, she's absolutely fine." I reassure her. "She'll be home tomorrow." I hear Ezra's sleepy voice whisper behind me. "Okay." She sniffles. I hug her again before walking her back to the spare bedroom.

I see the youngest and she is fast asleep. The oldest which was a boy was also fast asleep. After tucking her back in I head back to bed. Before I know it the morning has arrived.