Birthday

Thursday 9th April 1992

"LILITH WAKE UP!" Says a voice, interrupting my dream. I open my eyes groggily to see Edith, stood over my bed with a wide grin on her face.

"Happy birthdayyyy!" She shouts. I have no idea how she has this much energy, this early in the morning.

I had almost entirely forgot about my birthday to be honest, it wasn't normally a big thing to celebrate them in my house. We'd normally just get gifts and that was that.

"Get up, you've got gifts!" She says. Gifts? As in multiple? Seems people really like me at Hogwarts.

She leaves the room so that I can get up and get ready for the day. I put on my uniform and brush my hair into two braids, as I always do. I look over at Jinx, who's decided he's going to sleep on my pillow.

It's sad that I have to have my birthday on a school day, but I have ok subjects today, so it's ok.

I look over to the fairly sized pile of gifts that are by the foot of my bed, and decide that it's better to open them later, when I have time.

I walk down the stairs and into the main common room, where I meet Edith. We walk to breakfast together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~|||~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally classes are over.

"Come with me." Edith says, a mischievous grin on her face. Oh god what's she up to now?

She walks in the opposite direction to the common room, I follow behind. We get to the 7th floor before she stops abruptly.

"Ok close your eyes." She grins. She covers my eyes with her hands and guides me to our unknown location.

"Oh come one you know I hate surprises." I complain.

She opens a door and then takes her hands off of my eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A group of voices cheer. My friends have planned a surprise party for me in the Gryffindor common room. Dean, Seamus, Neville, Harry, Ron and Hermione have all turned up.

Who knew I had such great friends.

"I brought all your presents here from our dorm room, so you can open them all." Edith says, smiling.

I walk over to the sofa and sit down, next to my gifts.

"Open mine first!" Edith says excitedly. I unwrap the gift and open the box. Inside, is a small wristwatch with flowers engraved into its strap.

"It reminded me of you." She says.

"I love it, thank you so much!" I smile at her.

I finish unwrapping my presents. A joint gift from Seamus and Dean containing a new quill, a book about herbology from Hermione, a box of Bertie Botts every flavoured beans from Ron, a pretty blue ink from Harry and a small Asphodel flower from Neville.

"We should play roulette with the Bertie Botts beans." I suggest.

"Ooo funnn." Edith replies.

We sit in a circle and take turns picking beans from the box with our eyes closed. Lucky for me, I got watermelon but some people got horrid flavours such as earwax and grass. Ron was unfortunate enough to get vomit flavoured.

"I'm never eating them again!" He exclaims. I don't blame him.

Though I had to spend most of my birthday doing lessons, I still had the best birthday ever.
--------------