Dragon

Saturday January 4th 1992

The holidays are finally over, meaning that I have finally seen Edith again.

We both decide to head to the library to revise for our upcoming tests.

"Hey Lilith?" Says a voice from behind me. I turn around to see Harry, with Ron and Hermione.

"Yeah?" I ask, confused about what they would need from me.

"Can we talk to you. Alone." He says whilst eying Edith. I get up from my chair and we all walk behind a bookcase.

"We need your help with something but you have to promise not to tell anyone."

"Sure I guess?"

"We need help getting a dragon out of school."

"WHAT!" I practically shout. Hermione cups her hands over my mouth in attempt to keep me quiet.

"Look. Hagrids got a pet dragon that he definitely can keep, so we're getting it out of here tonight. Only problem is, we need another person to help transport it." Hermione says, whilst taking her hands off of my mouth.

"Fine, I'll do it, but you guys owe me."

"Tonight, 11:30, we meet at hagrids hut and go from there."

Great. Another responsibility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~|||~~~~~~~~~~~
The clock reads 11:15 and I decide that I should head out. I walk down to the Groundskeepers hut and knock on the rather large door, by the time my watch said it was 11:30.

The door opens to Harry and Hermione looking rather anxious.

"Where's Ron?" I ask.

"He got bitten by Norbert, he must be poisonous or something because his hand turned green." Hermione replies.

"We should leave." Harry says. I step inside the large hut.

Hagrid has Norbert packed and ready in a large crate.

"He's got lots o' rats an' some brandy fer the journey," says Hagrid.
"An' I've packed his teddy bear in case he gets lonely."

From inside the crate I can hear ripping noises that sounded as if teddy was having his head torn off.

'Bye-bye, Norbert!' Hagrid sobs, as the three of us cover the crate with a cloak.

"I never knew you had an invisibility cloak!" I say, marvelling at it.

"It was a Christmas present." Harry replies. We then cover ourselves with the cloak, and head out the door.

"Mummy will never forget you!" Have it shout whilst we close the door.

We manage to get the crate into the castle. Trying to lift the crate up the stairs, we hear movement ahead of us.

Professor McGonagall, in a tartan dressing-gown and a hairnet, is holding Malfoy by his ear.

"Detention!" She shouted.
"And twenty points from Slytherin!"
"Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you -"

"You don't understand, Professor, Harry Potter's coming - he's
got a dragon!" Draco whined.

"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on - I
shall see Professor Snape about you, Malfoy!" The two of them walked in another direction, and we continued on to our destination.

We arrived and saw four broomsticks coming from the distance. They showed us the harness they had rigged so that they could suspend norbert between them.

We then went down the spiral staircase, happier now that we weren't carrying a massive dragon.

However, our happiness, was about to be spoiled. As we stepped into the corridor, Filch's face loomed suddenly out of the darkness.

"Well, well, well," he whispered, "we are in trouble."

We had left the Invisibility Cloak on top of the tower.
--------------