Realisation

Cancer's pov

"Remind me why we are stalking Gemini again?" Pisces asked bored. Both of us were hiding behind the sofa, peeking out every now and then to watch what the blond was up to. Currently he was reading a very thick book and adjusting the glasses he was wearing.

"Because he is up to something and I want to know what it is." I hissed back at her. She gave me a curious look.

"Well currently he is reading a book, nothing suspicious with that. Now come on, you promised me that you would help me sneak in to the kitchen." She said impatiently. Due to her impulsive behaviour yesterday, when she tried and almost succeeded to kill us, Pisces got temporarily banned from the kitchen.
Pisces herself says that it was an accident but leaving the stove on after using it during the night definitely isn't one of her brightest decisions. And leaving food on the stove as well didn't make the thing better. Luckily Aquarius, who is often awake during the nights turned off the stove before anything happened.

"You do know that you are banned from the kitchen right? Helping you sneak in would result me getting banned as well." I said trying to explain her situation. If I got banned as well who would give her food from the kitchen?

"Leo was the one that banned me and if I recall correctly you and her aren't the bestest friends in the group. Which means that you wouldn't have a problem helping me out. Besides I am doing you a favour." She replied giving me a nod towards Gemini.
"He is still not doing anything suspicious."

"Yet." I said confidently.

Pisces gave me a shrug.
"It seems like you are not going to help me out, so imma ask Libra instead." And then she walked off.

"You guys seriously need to work on your stealth skills." Gemini muttered and turned to the next page of the book. It took me a solid minute to realise he was talking to me.
"If you are not that comfortable on the floor you could always go sit on the sofa you know. Or maybe you do like sitting on the cold, dirty floor that definitely hasn't been cleaned in weeks due to someone not doing their part in the chores." He continued and emphasised the chores part.

I quickly stood up when I realised that everything he said was true. Disgusting.
"Works every time." He sighed with perhaps disappointment and continued to read his book again. I gave him a shocked look. No overzealous response, no flirting and not even a glare did he give me. That confirmed my suspicion, Gemini is definitely planning something and from the looks of this overconfident I am be witnessing it must be epic. Maybe he was right, what if he makes me fall for him? I am not ready for this, my emotions are already confusing as it is.

"So what's up?" I said trying to start a conversation, that way I may be able to get a clue of what his plan was.

"Nothing I am just trying to read this book you know. What about you?" He replied.

"Eh been better." I said and walked over to sit on the couch besides him. He moved to make some place for me to sit.
"How is the bet going so far? Any ideas you have?"

"I am not doing that anymore." He said.

"Nice joke Gems I know that you have something planned."

"I am honestly not doing the bet anymore seeing as you clearly don't like me." He said and made an attempt to stand up. But I grabbed his arm.

"Hey, who said I didn't like you? You are like my best friend you know?" I reminded him.

"What if I don't see you as a friend? What if I want more?" He said and took a deep breath.
"Look Cancer, I love you. Not the bros love that Sagittarius, Scorpio or Aries."