𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 21. can't control myself anymore, pt.2

Start from the beginning

     "Fucking hell."
He buried his face in his hands.

     "I can't just do nothing, my classmates are in danger."

     "You already thought of that last time and I'll say it again, you're not a superhero."
He emphasized the last word.

     "I know, that's crazy but..."

In a flash, the heroine had managed to think about something concrete. Sunghoon was afraid of discovering this idea or anything that might put her in a bad situation.

     "...But?"
Seeing her silent, still thinking, the skater was getting impatient.

     "I mean, I can do something simple. Like prevention, we need to make the students understand that there's a threat in the school."

     "You'll get noticed by the killer again, very bad idea."

     "No, don't worry."
Her smile slowly faded as she felt her headache return. "Oh. That's the other problem, my headache."

     "Still in pain? Must be serious."

     "It's weird, I think the pain only goes away when I'm angry or frustrated. I feel so different."

She couldn't help thinking about her best friend, the way she'd treated her to the point of tears.

Even if Junko had betrayed her, she knew that under normal circumstances she would never have behaved like that.

The person who insulted Junko a few hours ago wasn't her.

      "Actually I had an argument with Junko today, and it's the first time I've ever spoken to her so badly."

     "Seriously? Why?"

     "I saw her kissing Jake this morning, they're together."
The blond man's jaw dropped and his eyes bulged.

     "You didn't know—"
Nana glared at him, offended, and frowned.

     "Because you do?"

      "When I was alive they already flirted a lot but everyone knows Junko's been crushing on him for years."
The protagonist crossed her arms and pouted.

Their love story had existed for a long time. It had been right in front of her all this time and she hadn't seen a thing.

     "Well... I said horrible things to her because of that but I didn't even mean it!"

     "You were shocked and upset."

     "That's the point. I know myself and even when I'm furious, I stay calm. With her, it was like someone's talked for me."

     "I think you're a little on edge and that's okay with everything that's happening to you right now, it's not easy."
She sighed, maybe he was right.