It wasn’t good to assign meaning to each death. It could have just died naturally.

“…If the Saintess says so, then it must be so.”

“That’s right. They might have died because the environment wasn’t good…”

At my words, the priestesses’ agitation gradually disappeared.

“Anyway, report it to the High Priest.”

“Yes. I understand.”

I put my hand on the golden cage.

If they hadn’t died, they could have been saved somehow, but it was a pity.

And it was then.

“My goodness…”

I heard a familiar voice and turned around. Camilla was standing there.

The priestesses turned around and glanced at Camilla.

“The Golden Crown birds are dead…”

Camilla walked towards the cage as if she was possessed. Her blue eyes were quivering.

“Saintess.”

Camilla, who found me late, was polite. Soon her gaze turned to the cage.

I pulled my hand from the cage.

She stood in front of the cage and pursed her lips.

“How weird…”

Her voice flowed clearly into my ears.

It was a warm voice, yet somehow I could feel the muscles in my back tightening.

Then Camilla reached for the cage.

“It’s dead birds. There may be a bad disease…”

One of the priestesses opened her mouth, yet Camilla didn’t care and brought out the two birds in turn.

The sight of the two limp bodies of the birds resting on Camilla’s white palms gave it a strange feeling.

I stood still and watched Camilla’s actions.

She put the birds on her hand and closed her eyes. Then she licked her lips and whispered something.

Different from normal prayer… I heard a voice I couldn’t understand. It was a sound that only she and those closest to her could hear.

At one point, I felt my shoulders stiff enough to become stiff.

What is this feeling of deja vu?

“Oh, my God…”

“It can’t be!”

It was the cries of the priestesses that awoke me from the strange sensation that came on suddenly.

I woke up and saw the birds on Camilla’s hand.

They were flapping their wings.