“Just a little more.”

“Saintess.”

It was me who was having a hard time, yet Cass was rather angry.

“Please stop.”

“Ugh.”

Finally, when I couldn’t stand up any longer, I withdrew my hand. Cass hurriedly supported me the moment I stumbled.

My whole body was covered with sweat. It was a hole that had shrunk to about half the size of before, yet demon beasts were still sticking their faces into it.

“Saintess!!”

“Saintess, are you okay?”

The priests’ voices were heard.

In the midst of the mess, Cass’ angry voice also flowed into my ears.

“…To this extent.”

But I muttered something more important than that.

“Is the barrier blocked well by calling the priests?”

“The priests are blocking it.”

“That’s a relief.”

At that moment, my consciousness was clouded.

Kyuu, it felt like I could hear the sound of Kyuu..

When I opened my eyes after a while, I was on the bed.

[The use of sacred power is temporarily blocked because you used an amount of sacred power that your body cannot handle.]

[The sacred power penalty is applied for three days until your body recovers.]

[The oracle communication is not smooth.]

My whole body felt heavy like wet cotton, but I couldn’t lie still because I remembered what had happened before I collapsed.

“I have to block the gate…”

A gate that was less than half blocked came to mind.

“To protect the original story and my peaceful life…”

Does the fact that the sacred power penalty is applied for three days mean that I have to wait and see how the gate widens without using the sacred power?

When I barely got up, I noticed that someone was sitting in a chair next to the bed.

Before I could turn my head towards him, he jumped up and leaned over me, hugging me.

I opened my eyes wide. Cass’ voice sounded hoarse.

“…Ariel.”

My chin rested on his hard shoulder. I was frightened and froze still.

Right now… are you hugging me?

“Do you know how surprised I am?”

His voice, which was always smooth, trembled slightly.