"Always hang on to that Luffy" Ace says with his little brother looking at it in confusion.

"Huh? It's just a scrap of paper" Luffy asked in confusion just like Anamaria who poked her head over his shoulder.

"That 'scrap of paper' will bring you and me together again someday"

"This thing can bring us back together?" Luffy unfolds it to see that it's completely blank.

"Yup, so keep it close"

"Ok" Luffy replies shortly.

"It's natural for a big brother to worry about his little brother. He can be a lot to handle, but please take good care of him" Ace grins in satisfaction, before he bows to the others.

"Of course" the rest of Luffy's crew, except for Ana who was still staring at the blank piece of paper with Luffy, bows back to him.

"Luffy, the next time we meet we'll both be top pirates" when Ace straightens up, he looks at Luffy with a serious look on his face.

"Yeah, I'll see you at the top" Luffy smile stretches across his face as he nods.

Ace softly grins at him, when the group hears the sound of loud noise from above. They look up to search for the source to see that it's the sound of a flock of white birds flying over them. When Luffy turns his attention away from the birds, he widens his eyes to see that Ace vanished.

"Huh? Where did he go?" the others follow his gaze to see that the Whitebeard pirate has completely disappeared.

"Looks like he left" Zoro says with a grin.

"So that was Fire Fist Ace huh?" Sanji smiles at the departure, while he takes a cigarette and lighter from his pocket.

"Yea" Luffy looks down at the piece of paper in his hand, then puts it in his pocket.

"You ok Luffy?" Usopp quirks an eyebrow at his captain's quiet answer.

"Yea, like Ace said we'll see each other again. I'm sure of it" Luffy nods with a large smile.

"Of course ya will cap" Ana smiled at their innocent captain.

Ф

For the first time in a while, the crew's journey has been going on without a hitch as everyone continues travelling through the blistering heat. From time to time throughout the day, Anamaria kept misting them with the water she had collected after Ace left, which had had Luffy, Chopper and Usopp staring at her as the water trickled to the surface.

"How are you holding up doc?" Ana asked the reindeer as he rode right on top of Sable's head.

The snake had gotten very attached to the doctor of the crew and Anamaria was more than glad that the snake was no longer trying to eat Chopper and that the deer was now more than glad to be close to the snake, most likely because of the colder scales in the warm climate. He gives her a hoof's up while he stays on the sled.

"I'll be ok, thanks for the water and the carrying. It's been helping" Chopper said as he patted the head of the snake.

"How much longer until we reach Yuba?" Usopp asks as he uses a walking stick to keep himself from collapsing. Vivi looks through the map, as she's riding on Eyelashes' back, to figure out the length of their journey.

"If we keep going at this rate, we should be there by nightfall"

"Seriously? That'll take forever..." Luffy groans at this as he's straggling behind.

"You can still get up here cap. I can get down and walk for a bit" Anamaria suggested "Sable don't care too much"

"YAY!" Luffy shouted as he quickly jumped onto the snake making Sable hiss a bit in annoyance as Ana hopped off at the same time.