𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢.

Chapter 9

Lana's POV

Peter's words kept playing through my head. Niece? I was Peter's niece? How? Does that make me related to Derek?

I was a Hale? I wasn't Peter's child...the only one I could've be...Talia.

"Lana! Time for school!" I heard Dad's voice from downstairs. Is he even my father? Is he? I shake the thought and jump up from my bed. 

I went downstairs and he smiled at me, "breakfast, here you go." Dad pushed a plate in front of me, and I sat down at the table awkwardly. "Uh, dad?" I called out.

He stopped and looked over to me, "if you're asking to stay home, the answer is no." Dad pointed at me, but I shake my head. "No, uh, that wasn't what I was going to ask...do you care to sit down?" I pointed to the seat in front of me.

Dad had a confused look on his face before he slowly sat down in front of me. "Yes, Lana? Is something wrong?" He asked softly.

How do I ask my father if...I was a part of Derek Hale's family? How do I ask him that?

"Um, this is important and I want you to know--I want the truth." I played with my fingers, not taking my eyes off my father. He seemed actually confused. "Okay, Lana...are you feeling down? Do you need anything?" 

I shake my head, "stop! I'm fine! Just--am I a Hale?" I just asked and slapped my hand over my mouth right after the words flew out. Dad had no reaction but just sipped on his coffee. "How'd you find out?" Was all he asked.

So it was true...

I scoffed, "none of your business...but who's my mother? I thought you said that--mom died?" I frowned.

"She is...sadly." Dad says, placing the cup on the table. I looked down, "oh..."

"Your mother is Talia Hale, me and her were close, very close. Then she had you, you didn't have the werewolf genes which caused Talia for me to have you instead. Having a house full of their kinds but then, having you? She didn't want you to live like that." Dad tells me, placing his hand over mine. "Your mother is dead, Lana. I'm so sorry, but Derek is--your brother." He tells me, but he kept out the other two women who were dead.

Talia Hale is my mother...

"Does Derek know? Does he know that I'm his half sister?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't believe it. My whole life has been a lie.