EIGHTEEN

James strums lightly at his guitar in the comfort of his living room. He is about to be fifteen weeks pregnant; four months along.

He hums softly as he sits, curled up on his couch, his guitar making soft sounds. He's slumped; James hasn't exactly written anything good in awhile. His mind has been occupied with an abundance of other things; and so, he resorts to singing a song that he has heard as of recently, playing from the cat radio of someone he has felt more familiar with as of recently; a familiar rhythm leaving his lips as he hums.

"Got the time, got a chance, gonna make it, got my hands on your heart, gonna take it," James strums. "All I know, I can't fight this flame,"

He hasn't been able to think coherently enough throughout his pregnancy; he hasn't been able to simply sit and strum his guitar for a long time. However, this afternoon feels different.

Somehow, James is feeling a lot more like his old self; just with a few new features, such as the beginnings of a baby bump.

"You could have a change of heart if you would only change your mind," James sings softly, his voice raspy. "'Cause I'm crazy 'bout you, baby. Time after time," He mumbles, thoughts of his little baby resting inside of his mind.

"I don't wanna fight no more, I don't know what we're fighting for, when we treat each other, baby, like an act of war," As James hums, he thinks of that day in Regulus' car, when Regulus had played this song. "I could tell a million lies, and it would come as no surprise, when the truth is like a stranger, hits you right between the eyes," He murmurs.

James pauses, strumming a little louder. "There's a time and a place and a reason, and I know I got a love to believe in, all I know, got to win this time,"

"Without you, one night alone is like a year without you, baby, do you have a heart of stone?" James sings lowly, allowing himself a second to breath. He slowly sets his guitar back into his lap, glancing down at his belly. He pauses, placing both hands on either side, with a small sigh.

His apartment is warm, he has his heating on; since becoming pregnant, he's been extra cold. Yet another change. James had lived his entire life being unusually warm all the time, never running too cold, never minding the heat, never really feeling the cold. Since falling pregnant, he's feeling a lot of things that he never used to feel before.

His apartment is cosy and warm, and so he is merely in a white thermal, one that seems to have grown a tad tighter, especially around his abdomen.

James has definitely gotten bigger; no longer a little bit of bloating; but instead, a definite curve is beginning to form. "You're going to make your poor mama so big that I won't even be able to fit this guitar around me soon," James chuckles softly, feeling that slight swell to his abdomen.

James sucks in a breath of air, filling his lungs. "God, we're doing alright, aren't we?" He whispers. "You and me? You're growing a lot lately, Doctor Rivers said you're really healthy, and...and, well, I'm growing too, so we must be on the right path, aren't we?" He says, his voice small and quiet. "Your...uh, dad and I seem to be on an alright path at the moment too, y'know?"

Dad. Your dad. It is the first time that James has ever really, truthfully, pictured Regulus Black as a dad.

James smiles a little, running his fingers down his belly. "He likes Def Leppard, I like Def Leppard. We have a few things to talk about now, other than you. We talk about music, the cats, his work, my work. We're slowly, rather selfishly, straying away from talking about just you, babe," He hums softly. "But I don't mind it so much. We'll have plenty of time to talk about you, we'll be talking about you for the rest of our lives, eh?"