FOUR

Friday arrives much quicker than James had expected it to. He texts Regulus the address of his doctor's office before beginning his walk towards the place, walking leisurely down the street; his headphones in his ears, his coat wrapped loosely around him; the sounds of Elton John enveloping his ears.

Regulus is already standing outside when James gets there, his attire almost the same as the last time James had seen him; tie undone, converse striking against his shirt and pants. In his grip, are two takeaway coffee cups and James smiles a little at the gesture.

"Hi, you managed to escape the hell that is writing for a hot shot magazine?" James drawls as he greets Regulus. "For little old me?" He teases. "And you had time to spare to grab coffee?"

Regulus rolls his eyes. "Firstly, it's tea, not coffee; caffeine isn't good for babies," Regulus pauses as he hands James his cup, before taking a generous sip of his own. "Secondly, I quite like the hell that is my job," He retorts.

"Tea? Do you even know how much I need a cup of coffee right now?" James groans a little. Of course someone like Regulus would deprive James of the little spark that coffee gives him.

"Yeah, yeah, popstar, caffeine isn't good for babies, no matter how much you need one right now,"

"I'm a rockstar, actually," James corrects pointedly. "Popstar is cute, though,"

They step inside and James greets the receptionist with a friendly, cheery smile. "Hi, I'm here to see a Doctor Rivers? Doctor Taylor recommend her to me," He smiles.

The peppy receptionist beams as she notices him. "Hi, dearie, yes, Doctor Taylor informed me of your appointment. If you and your boyfriend want to sit in the waiting room while she readies herself for you, that would be fantastic. It's just down the hallway," She points in the direction of a long, blue corridor.

James nods. As soon as they are out of ear slot, he huffs. "Boyfriend?" He repeats.

"Yes, what a horrifying reality," Regulus deadpans. He takes a sip of his coffee, bringing the disposable cup up to his lips. "You and I coupled up," He adds.

James takes a seat and watches as Regulus takes the one next to him. "I didn't mean it like that," He says.

"You could've convinced me otherwise, mate," Regulus says dryly.

"What, you're gonna write about me now, are you?" James rolls his eyes, folding his arms over his chest. "Starlight magazine, is it?"

Regulus hums. "Well, Lumière Des Étoiles, actually," He corrects. "But Starlight has become the more common name, I suppose," He says. "How much did you even read about me? Did your homework, did you?"

"Don't get an ego, Regulus," James smirks a little. "I just skimmed through your stuff, that's all,"

"That's all?" Regulus drawls.

James nods. "Thought it was pretty good, actually," He hums. "You got a big, fancy office downtown?" He asks.

Regulus shrugs. "I share it with two other people, so not really," He comments. "I work from home mostly,"

"Oh?" James arches an eyebrow. "Cool," He remarks. "I like to write at home too," He adds. "It's better than being in the studio. The studio is always too noisy, I guess,"

"With my brother in it, I'd bet it is,"

James chuckles a little, taking a sip of his tea. "So you and Sirius only really reengaged with one another in recent years, right?" He asks.

Regulus nods. "When I turned eighteen, he contacted me for the first time since he ran off," He says. "I moved in with our cousin once I was eighteen, he visited from time to time and we kind of just, I don't know, realised how to be brothers again," He settles. He shakes his head, changing the topic. "Do you have any siblings?"