Chapter 430: An important task

That night, the people in Xiahai city sensed a difference in the thunderstorm. The peals of thunder were strangely unusual, and though it rumbled like thunder, it somehow sounded strange. Even the flashes of lightning looked rather peculiar. The skies shook noticeably from some unknown activity high above them, but no one could put a finger on what it was.

******

******

Xiao Luo had sustained grievous and despite having the system's healing ability and the aid of advanced medical equipment, he still needed more time to recover.

Three days passed before he finally woke up.

When he opened his eyes, he realized he was lying in a giant bed that was exceedingly comfortable. The interior decoration of the room was luxurious and elegant. From that moment he regained his consciousness, the memory of Su Li being abducted flashed in his mind and it tore at his soul. He jumped up as if he had just awakened from a nightmare, panting heavily as he broke into a cold sweat.

"Mr. Xiao Luo," a gentle voice called out from beside him.

Xiao Luo turned and realized that it was Ji Siying. She was resting by the edge of the bed and looked rather tired and haggard. She had been taking care of him throughout the time he was unconscious. She had likely been by his side ever since they had rescued him.

He tried to gather himself as he muttered, "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Three days," Ji Siying replied softly.

Xiao Luo smiled ruefully and said, "It's been three days..."

He wanted to head to the Arcana land to rescue Su Li immediately. As he harbored these thoughts, he clenched his fists tightly.

But other than Su Li, he was also thinking of someone else, and he asked, "Fu Yiren, she... is she dead?"

Ji Siying did not answer him immediately but lowered her head sadly and replied in a soft voice, "She's not dead but her condition isn't good."

Xiao Luo closed his eyes with a heavy heart. He felt extremely tired. If Ji Siying had said that Fu Yiren's condition was not very good, it probably meant that her condition was serious. That had further intensified his hatred towards the Light Clan.

"Siying, I need to be alone for a while," Xiao Luo said.

"Hm, okay."

Ji Siying looked a little concerned as she wanted to take care of Xiao Luo. But she realized she did not know how to do that.

"Siying," Xiao Luo called out as she walked toward the door.

"Hm?" Ji Siying stopped and turned around.

"Thank you for taking care of me," Xiao Luo said as he flashed her a smile.

The dejected look on Ji Siying's face vanished instantly, and she responded with a sweet smile. "Do not mention it. I willingly wanted to take care of you."

Xiao Luo nodded to acknowledge her good intentions.

******

******

After Ji Siying left, Xiao Luo removed his patient gown and walked into the bathroom for a shower. His wounds had now properly healed and there was not a single scar on his body.

It had been three days since he last shaved. He looked into the mirror and his face was covered in stubbles—he looked dispirited and tired, and certainly needed a good shave. There was a shaver on the washroom sink. He duly took it and gave himself a clean shave with some water.