Chapter 422: Pompous

Xiao Luo flipped open their business report and project proposal again, taking a few more glances. He then said, "Neither of you have any relevant work experience. This report and this proposal, did you write these with nothing more than conjecture?"

Upon hearing this, Bai Xia grew antsy. She stepped forward to say, "We graduated from a prestigious university, one of the key universities under the country's Project 911—"

Xiao Luo waved a hand and cut her off curtly. "It's obvious that both of you poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this, but it's a shame that you poured all that energy into this. Without any relevant work experience, what is your business report based on? Your imagination?" He looked at Tan Zisheng. "Someone probably guided you when you wrote this report, right? The writing is too conservative, and the methods are too trite. It doesn't seem to match the vigor and energy you have as a fresh graduate. I dare say that the expert who provided you with the material and guidance to finish this report is at least 50 years old."

Tan Yisheng was taken aback, because Xiao Luo had hit the nail on head. They had completed this report with the materials and assistance from a company's top-class and professional manager, someone his father had entrusted them to. He would turn 52 this year, and he was currently at the peak of his career, the most prosperous time.

Bai Xia, who stood beside him, was furious. She had poured so much effort into this report, only for Xiao Luo to refuse it. She could not keep her cool at this.

"What gives you the right to say this? This is a result of our hard work. Do you know how many nights we stayed up just to produce these two reports?" She glared balefully at Xiao Luo.

"What gives him the right?"

This did not sit right with Zhang Dashan. He huffed, and then said, "Hey, little girl, you two need to get one thing straight. We were making merry and enjoying the food here, and it was you two who barged in, asking my good man over here to review this garbage report of yours and comment on it. What, you're flipping out just because he didn't sing you praises? You think this report of yours is the best in the world?"

Bai Xia's embarrassment turned into rage, and she directed it at Zhang Dashan. "Who are you? Who do you think you are? Stop running your mouth!"

She was the typical rich kid, pampered and insolent.

"Who do I think I am?"

Zhang Dashan was almost amused. "Young lady, back when I took the reins for Luo's Workshop, I joined the International Professional Management Competition, and I placed 50 by some stroke of luck. You ask me who I think I am to be running my mouth here? You tell me what you've accomplished before you talk to me like this. Your name means 'summer', huh? More like bummer!"

He was no even-tempered man. He had initially thought that they were enterprising fresh graduates and wanted to help them as much as he could, but now they were just walking all over him. He would be a fool if he still treated them cordially.

"We graduated from one of the key universities under the country's Project 911. In school, we—"

"That's enough, Bai Xia!"

Tan Zisheng was so angry that he was shaking. "What did I tell you when we were on the way here? I told you to just stand by the side and not say anything."

He was classmates with Bai Xia, and their families had designated them as each other's spouses since they were young. He had brought her out this time as a sort of training, but he had not expected for her to throw a tantrum here. She thought the world revolved around her, and he thoroughly regretted bringing her here.