Chapter 424: Your Highness

It was late in the night, and Xiao Luo and Su Li were strolling along the riverside at the wetland park.

It was already around 11 pm, and they were the only people in this sprawling park. Zhang Dashan and the others had already decided earlier it was time to head home after having an insanely fun time during the banquet. Su Xiaobei had fallen asleep, so Su Canye took her home.

"Is something the matter, why did you decide to come here?"

Su Li wore a well-cut beige suit, which was undoubtedly branded. The smooth lines perfectly accentuated her enchanting curves and complimented the aloof countenance of her beautiful face. She could only be described as devastatingly beautiful.

"Must we have a reason? Can't we just take a walk?" Xiao Luo said with a smile as reached out to hold her hand.

Su Li's face turned red, but she did not let go and allowed Xiao Luo to hold her hand.

Xiao Luo glanced at the river and sighed. "When I was in university, I often came here for jogs at this time of the night," he said.

"Why would you go for a run that late?" Su Li asked curiously.

"I like going for jogs here when it's quiet. It keeps me calm and lets me think through many things," Xiao Luo said.

Su Li did not say a thing but only looked at him with adoring eyes as she listened intently.

Xiao Luo clasped her hand as they walked along the path filled with the chirping sound of crickets. "I could have never imagined that I'd one day marry a superstar, and who'd have thought that I'd be able to achieve success in all the things that I had set out to do. To be honest, the near-fatal car accident in Jiangcheng was the turning point in my life. After coming so close to death, it felt like I had been reborn. It's strange, from that day on, I somehow became fearless."

There was truth in what Xiao Luo said. Although the system had brought him incomparable glory and extraordinary achievement, he knew deep within that his temperament had undergone an inexplicable change after his near-death experience. Even the things that he said back at Jiangcheng to his ex-girlfriend, Zhao Mengqi, were not out of anger. He had suddenly come to realize the truth, and it was as if his soul had undergone an awakening, but for a while, he just couldn't put a finger on it.

"You were in a car accident?" Su Li asked with shock. She had no idea that Xiao Luo had met with such a terrible incident.

"Yes, I did."

Xiao Luo sighed and smiled bitterly at the recollection. "The phrase 'one is due for good fortune after surviving a great disaster' is a perfect description. That car accident seemed predestined. I wasn't in a stable mood, the condition of the rural road was bad, and I was driving at more than a hundred miles per hour. It was also raining heavily then, and although there were hardly any cars on the road, these three factors were sufficient to cause an accident."

Su Li gazed at him sympathetically as she pursed her lips. "I can't believe we had similar experiences," she said.

Xiao Luo had a look of shock on his face. "Are you saying that you were also involved in a car accident?" he asked.

"Mm-hmm."

Su Li nodded slightly and said, "My father passed away in that car accident. The car skidded off a cliff and was smashed to pieces."

"How did you make it our alive?" Xiao Luo asked.

Su Li shook her head: "I'm not too sure either. I was very young then, and I could only remember crawling out of the wreck. But my father was badly injured, and he was trapped in the driver's seat. I cried helplessly next to him, and there was nothing else I could do."