FIFTEEN

Two days had gone by without much interaction from me and my boss.

I only addressed him when absolutely necessary, focusing on doing my job properly. He sometimes seemed like he wanted to say something, but decided against it, sticking to work.

It was bittersweet.

This whole situation was a disaster, but it was also my fault.

So I just endured the consequences like a big girl.

It was Saturday, and there was a company get together sort of thing in the afternoon. Sora had begged me to come with them, so in the end I just said yes.

It's not like my boss would be there anyway. He never participated in those events, being the untouchable boss and all that.

Not that untouchable.

No, stop. Your inconvenient thoughts had already put you in a big mess.

I certainly didn't need another one.

So there I was, dressed in a long sleeved black dress that went to my knees and with my hair up, wearing flat heeled boots on my tired feet. It was just an informal thing after all.

I stayed for an hour, just like I promised Sora I would. Then I said my goodbyes and left.

The week had been chaos on my mind, and all I wanted was to wear comfy pajamas, in front of the TV as I ate my feelings with ice cream.

To take my mind off things, I walked back home, the familiar route not requiring much attention from my part.

What did Jungkook do on a Saturday?

It's not of your goddamned business, Nari.

I sighed, this was so much more complicated than it needed to be.

Turning another corner, I entered the familiar street. Approaching my building, I delved my hand in my bag, searching for my keys by touch. Where the hell is it? Looking down inside the purse, I took the last steps to enter the small lobby, if it could be called that, finally fishing the keys from it.

I climbed the stairs to my floor, thanking the heavens I had chosen the flat boots over the heels I had considered.

As I looked up to the door, a surprising figure stood there, all black clothes, disarrayed hair and dark brown eyes looking at me, as the man leaned against the wall in wait.

- Mr. Jeon? – I asked, incredulous.

What was he doing here?

- Good evening, Ms. Kim.

- What are you doing here? – I asked, voicing my thoughts, stopping in front of the door to unlock it.

- I thought we needed to talk. – he offered, a discreet smile on the very corner of his lips.

- I don't see what you could possibly have to talk to me on a Saturday evening.

- Nari, please. – he rasped, looking me directly in the eyes. – I won't be long.

- Fine. – I conceded, stepping inside the apartment and holding the door open for him.

Closing the door, I moved to the kitchen, leaving him to follow me.

- Do you take tea? – I asked.

I knew exactly how he took his coffee, but had no idea if he even liked tea and what kind.

- Earl grey or black, if you have. – he responded, taking a seat on a stool and watching me move about.

He didn't say anything, and I didn't ask. Instead, I focused on brewing the earl grey, quite strongly like I enjoyed. Considering his predilections for coffee – black, strong and moderately sweet – I didn't think my preference of tea would be a problem.