Pt 12: What Goes Around, Comes Around

(This part has mentions of sewer slide, you have been warned.)

It's hard to hide things from a lady like me, especially when it has to do with money. LOTS of money. The eggs The Prime Shimmer threw around would make a pretty penny... and I needed to sell one. However, I can't do it alone. So I need an old pal's help... I have an amazing idea... he won't turn me down.

Paintbrush's POV:
It had been three days since the hole... Red Wine incident... I'm not sure where she is now but we threw her out onto the streets. Maybe we could've been a bit more humane but OJ wouldn't let this slide. I feel bad but atleast My Light is safe... wait... Lightbulb. I was in bed, fast asleep until I realized. Lightbulb wasn't next to me. I got up frantically, looking around. I wasn't ready to take chances. I then saw it. A glowing light caught my eye on the balcony, yellow.
"LIGHTBULB, DON'T JUMP!"
I ran out, and saw her just standing there in a robe, crying.
"Painty? I'm not gonna jump..."
"But... you're crying?"
She wiped her tears as I walked over to her.
"Yeah, I just had a bad dream."
I sighed in relief, happy she wasn't trying anything.
"It always makes me feel better when I talk about it with someone... wanna try with me?" I said, thinking of the days I'd tell my brother about my nightmares.
"I... it's very morbid... but okay."
She took a deep breath, as if to say, 'here goes nothing'
"I had a dream where we were just about to leave... you and I... to a peaceful place away from here... where it... snowed... and you... you were shot by someone... I tried to save you, but you told me to leave without you. But I don't... wanna go somewhere that you aren't. I don't.... I don't want to leave you!"
She sobbed.
"Not like how my father left me... I won't do that... not to you..."
I stared at her in shock before swiftly pulling her in for a hug.
"I'm not leaving you..."
She closed her eyes and cried in my arms. Clinging to me tight like she was worried I'd leave.
"I promise."

The afternoon the day after...

Test Tube's POV:
This is crazy! A real Prime Shimmer egg. And it's with me. I know I need to bring it back, but like this, it's helpless. It needs me. Bot comes to my side as I examine the egg carefully.
"Mom? Are you going to give the egg back ever?"
I sighed.
"Of course, but I'm worried what might happen if they suspect I stole it... God forbid anything happens to me... or you and your father..."
I begin to tear up, but I feel someone hugging me tight.
Bot.
"I know that's scary... but I know you're gonna do great! And I'm a big tough dood! I'll fight 'em for you! And protect my new sibling..."
They smiled at the egg. My eyes lit up as I held them close to my heart.
"You're the best, Bot."

Lightbulb's POV:
Painty slammed their shot glass down on the table.
"TEST TUBE FOUND A PRIME SHIMMER EGG!?"
"I tried to tell you before but you left-"
"SHE'S GONNA GO ON A WATCHLIST OR SOMETHING! AUGHHHHHHHHHH!"
"Why are you more concerned about my wife then me!?"
I snickered and took sips of my cocktail slowly as the two went back and forth. I think it was sweet how Painty invited me to come drinking with them and Fan. Fan sure was a sweetheart, caring alot for his family and friends. I've always wanted a family. I glanced at Painty as that slipped my mind and blushed. They looked back, clearly confused.
"What's wrong, Lightbulb?"
"Aaaa, nothing, it's just hot in here."
Fan saw an opportunity.
"Almost as hot as Paintbrush's temper tantrums!"
"KILL YOURSELF!"
They shouted as their hair sparked. I laughed as Fan fell back in his chair from shock.
"You guys are a riot!" I said while smiling. Fan chuckled as I helped him up.
"Thanks, Lightbulb. I'm glad I met you, you're definitely a friend."
I smiled at his remark. What a respectable man, I'd have him on my side any day.

Cabby's POV:
Another note from The Prime Shimmer. They made me aware that only two eggs were left to retrieve. Twin Eggs. Eggs with spiritual connection in their essence, they had to be returned together. One was being held by a woman by the name of Test Tube. I had to find her...
And the other... in the Meeple Family base ship. For that I would need a crew. But that isn't what concerned me. What did was that they warned me bounty collectors would be looking for the eggs, and that I had to find them first. Now it wasn't just a scavenger hunt, it was a race. I needed a team, an egg, and a whole lot of weed.

Pickle's POV:
I was on my break, having a smoke. That was until I heard someone approach. I held my dagger in my pocket just incase it was a thug and showed no weakness. However, it was something much worse.
"Yoo hoo!"
"That voice."
I couldn't see in the dark, but I could hear her. I pulled out my dagger.
"NOT NOW, I KNOW YOU WERE SENT AWAY, I KNOW YOU DIED! THE PRIME SHIMMER MADE SURE-"
She laughed, a cold sinister chuckle.
"They can't hold me down old friend, and you can't either."
She shot my dagger,asking me drop it.
"Let me cut to the case. I have a lot of money I could offer you for a lil help-"
"NO. I WON'T LET YOU."
I ran intl the darkness, throwing hands at shadows, missing her each time. She laughed, mocking me.
"STOP!"
She kicked me in the face, sending me to the ground. She smiled and loomed over my body, now I could see her.
"It's a lot of cash... consider the possibilities..."
I spat at her.
"Fuck... off..."
She grumbled.
"Fine... maybe Knife will help me then-"
"No!" Dammit.
She turned around.
"Oh? Perhaps you'll except my deal now?"
I scowled.
"...fine..."
She smiled.
"Fear not, you'll be rewarded..."
"Fuck you..."
"Taco..."