He knows

Edith knocks a piñata down with a BAT, then beats the life out of it.

"Edith!  Agnes! Come on!" SMACK! Edith accidentally hits Gru in the face with the bat.

"Ooof!" Edith takes off her blindfold.

"Sorry"

"We need to go home now!  Where's Margo?"

Wolf already explained to Diane about el macho.

"Ok we need to go now" he sees his team gathered around a table eating chips and dip.

"What?"

"Why?" Diane asked.

"It turns out Gru was right, el macho is alive and he's Eduardo and he stole the serum and used it on the minions"

"You can't be serious"

"Are you kidding"

"Are you sure" Diane asked.

"He just told us in person, we need to go now, where princess?" He takes Diane's hand and they look for princess.

"But I didn't get a turn!"

Margo sits at a table alone and depressed, wearing the chip hat. She looks like she's been crying.

"Margo!" Gru approaches her with the other girls in tow.

"Come on, we're leav--hey, what's wrong?"

"Gru we need to go, have you seen princess?" Wolf asked.

"I hate boys"

Gru turns and sees Antonio dancing with a Pretty girl. Gru frowns. As shark pats her back.

"Yes...they stink. Sorry, honey, we've got to go"

Then princess shows to see Antonio dancing, he dances with her but princess shows no interest, wolf however gets angry then he takes gru's freeze ray.

Then he fired the freeze ray at Antonio. he is now frozen in a block of ice.

Everyone looks at wolf surprised, even Gru, then he picks up princess.

"Let's go" Gru takes Margo's hand and leads her offscreen

SCREEECH! Gru's car pulls out of the driveway and speeds down the mountain, just as Lucy's hang glider lands at Eduardo's.

Lucy looks around, but doesn't see Gru. She maneuvers her way through the crowd.

"Oops, sorry!" She makes it through, but still no sign of Gru.

Suddenly Pollito appears and exchanges looks with Lucy. He SCREECHES and flies towards her. She strikes a martial arts pose ready to defend herself. As she does, her purse falls to the ground.

The attack never comes and she looks down to see Pollito pecking at her purse.

"Pollito! What's the matter?" El Macho appears and picks up the chicken, petting it.

"Oh, hey! Eduardo!"

"Lucía! I apologize. Pollito, he's usually not like this. The same thing happened the other day with... with Gru and..." El Macho drops off, deep in thought. Connecting the dots. Lucy is oblivious.

"Oh, speaking of Gru...uh, have you seen him? I really need to talk to him"

"Yes, I think he's somewhere around here. You two are close, no?"

"Oh, I don't know. I mean close...I wouldn't say we were close. Why, did he say we were close? Did he say that?"

"It's more what he didn't say. For instance, he never mentioned...that you were both working for the Anti-Villain League!!!"