fluff- 12

Reed has been giving me the cold shoulder for a couple of hours now and I don't understand what's wrong.

He was fine this morning but suddenly he started ignoring me and i'm tired of it.

It's time to confront him.

Did I do something wrong? Does he want to break up? Does he not love me anymore? Did I gain too much weight? Does he love someone else?

Ok no more thoughts let's just speak to him.

"reed!" I call out to him while waiting on our bed.

He doesn't answer but after a minute he comes into the room with a scowl on his face.

I pat the place beside me on the bed but he just shakes his head. I try not to show the hurt i'm feeling on my face but he must've seen it because his eyes soften a little bit and he comes and sits down beside me.

"what's wrong?" I asked.

"what do you mean?" does he think i'm dumb?

"you've been ignoring me and i want to know why"

"i haven't been ignoring you" really?!

"fine! i'm leaving to go on a walk. don't look for me"

He holds my wrist, "no. no, i'm sorry. don't leave"

"then tell me what's wrong" he can't just ignore me and then tell me it's nothing and expect me to be alright.

"when you were in the kitchen cooking breakfast i overheard you speaking on the phone, you said "i love you" and then "i have to go now because reed will come down any minute", so i understood the fact that you don't love me anymore and so decided to get out of your way so you can talk to him as much as you want without me there",

"are you dumb?!"

"what? no, why?" he seems offended.

"i was talking to my brother which is why i said i love you and then i told him i need to go because i wanted to spend breakfast with you and not on the phone"

"oh"

"yeah, oh" I look down at the bed sheets and ask "do you really thing that low of me? that i would cheat on you?" I have to admit having him say all this hurts a lot because I never thought that he would cheat on me but if he thinks that I can cheat on him this easily then maybe that's because he does the same and the fact that he didn't even speak to me about it, does he really care that little about wether or not we break up.

"hey, you zoned out a little there" he tries to laugh a bit but I just stare blankly at him.

"no i don't think that low of you, i'm sorry, i shouldn't have assumed anything and talked to you about it" he seems sincere but I don't know, I feel like I should be skeptical of everything now.

"mhm" is all I say.

"i'm tired i think i'll sleep a bit" I tell him while getting under the blanket.

"hey, hey love, i already said i'm sorry cmon now please forgive me" he tries to talk to me but I don't have enough energy to deal with anything right now so I just close my eyes and ignore him.

I woke up 2hours later. I know some people would say that what I did was an overreaction but honestly I just feel like my trust is shattered because I thought we both trusted each other but if he can't trust me as much then should I really be trusting him?

I got out of bed and went to the kitchen and found that he'd made dinner with a sticky note beside it apologising again and telling me to enjoy the food.

Then I went to the living room and found him asleep on the couch with another sticky not on his forehead saying "i didn't know if you'd want me in bed with you right now so i slept here, i know that what i did was wrong and that i shouldn't have doubted you and even if i did i should've spoken to you about it, i'm really sorry, please forgive me".

Obviously I couldn't stay mad at him after that so I woke him up after eating -since he already ate- and told him to come to bed.

He woke up a little groggy but hugged me as soon as he saw me, "i'm sorry" he said with his head buried in my neck.

"it's okay" i kissed the side of his head and held his hand taking him to bed with me.

We layed down on our sides facing each other with my head on his chest.

The next morning we had a deep conversation about how we need to communicate and all that, then we went on a date to feel better.

a/n: i haven't written in so long i'm so sorry there's just been a lot going on.. i'll try to post more soon. also this is the longest one i've ever written yet. have a great day :)