5

lana and renee sit in the front row of his game, tickets courtesy of jack. the girls are mid convo when jack skates up and taps the glass "you look beautiful" he says to her smiling a big toothy grin "thank you hughes, so you do" lana blushes from the compliment. "ready?" jack asks, pulling a puck onto his stick and pushing it over the glass. lana is able to catch it, head over heels excited that she finally gets a puck. she has been manifesting this day for as long as she can remember. she's never fully understood hockey, but she knows enough to know how lucky the wags are.

"aw my first puck, thank you jacky" she blushes as she looks at him, thanking him for the gesture. "first of many" he whispers under his breath, quiet enough she can't hear him. he stares at her excitedly as he watches her flip it on its side so she can read the tape.

"my beautiful girl -j"

she start's immensely blushing as she looks up at him, she can't believe that he's hers. not officially, but basically. butterflies rush to her stomach as he starts skating away, taking one of his gloves off and trying his best to make a heart out of his fingers. she does it back, making him smile the biggest smile she's seen on his face.

nico then skates up, asking them where blake is. "she's gone for the weekend, she has a modeling thing in cali" renee explains to him "oh" is all that nico says before saying goodbye to the girls and skating away.

lana sits on the edge of her seat as there's 2 minutes left in the game, the florida panthers up by 1, the score being 3-2.

nico passes it to luke, who passes it to jack, jack winds up to shoot but is bodychecked to the ground before he can hit the puck. "shit!" lana yells as jack is hit to ground, by none other than matthew tkachuk.

"i hate that man tkachuk, i don't know much about him but i know i don't like him" lana angrily says through gritted teeth. she watches jack closely as she waits for him to get up, she starts worrying about him, wondering if he's ok. after about thirty seconds more jack starts to lift himself back up onto his feet, tkachuk wanting more. he keeps on going back trying to throw punches but he's pulled away by the refs, and led to the penalty box.

"good, that's where that fucknugget belongs" lana says to herself. "damn, i see your starting to get protective over jack" renee states. "says you, i don't see your man out there on the ice" lana says glancing at her friend. "fair"

"so who is this guy by the way?" care to tell me yet?" lana questions renee, begging for information. "i'll tell you when i'm ready" is all renee cares to say "and i'm not ready."

jack ends scoring the last goal, forcing them into over time. tkachuks penalty is soon over, forcing him back on the ice. "i don't like when he's playing with jack" lana thinks out loud. "hey, he's alright, don't worry." rey comforts her. "thanks" lana puts her hand on her friends shoulder, thanking her for her comfort.

jack has the puck, he passes it to jesper, or so he planned, but tkuchuk came in and stole the puck mid pass. tkachuk takes it down the ice and somehow scores, it all happens so quickly no one quite don't even realizes how it happened. lana's heart drops, she can see the disappointment in jacks face when tkachuk took the puck, he could have assisted the winning goal. jack was the first on off the ice to head through the tunnel.

the girls waited outside the change room for about 45 minutes, when some of the guys started coming out. when jack came out he didn't give lana time to say anything, he just ran into her arms.