Chapter 1. Hard Impact

"TrustFall means trusting someone enough that you can depend on them in any situation

"TrustFall means trusting someone enough that you can depend on them in any situation. They've always got your back, through sunny days and stormy nights. When someone genuinely loves you, they accept you for who you are, with all your flaws and imperfections. They will see past them and cherish the beautiful, priceless, perfect side of you. They will support and catch you if you fall; even if it means they will be hurt in the process."

Audrey's POV

You can do it! I inwardly shouted at myself as I strained to lift up the barbell one more time. I searched for the anger and rage that could motivate me. I recalled the day when I came out as a bisexual to my mother, and she threatened to kick me out. How my ex-girlfriend, Julia, moved to Australia and left me behind after we only dated for six months. I thought about how I haven't been with another woman ever since, because I was afraid to have my heart shattered again into a million pieces.

The same heart that is still missing a few pieces, the remaining ones barely held together by its weak bounds.

I finally lifted the barbell with a grunt.

"Whew," I sighed as I dropped the 250-pound barbell in exhaustion, sweat dripping off my body as I took a big swig of cold water from my Yeti water bottle. The sudden urge to pour the water over my head was overwhelming.

After running five miles that morning, fifty-five laps of swimming, and working out at the gym for approximately eighty minutes, I felt energized and proudly satisfied with myself. I knew that feeling would soon transform into exhaustion, so I savored the fleeting moments.

Weighing in at 134 pounds of pure muscles at five feet and five inches, I was happy with my body image. Sure, I'm not as skinny as Jessica Alba who is roughly 120 pounds at the same height. But I never wanted to be skinny. My desire and goal is to be strong, athletic, and prepared for any emergency that requires super physical strength.

Speaking of which, one of my favorite hypothetical situations is killing my way through hordes of zombies or pulling up a person I love on the edge of a tall structure. I didn't want the risky possibility of not being able to rescue them just because I lacked the strength to do so.

Again, hypothetically speaking.

I recalled how I used to carry my ex-girlfriend everywhere for fun. Carrying her on my shoulder to the bedroom while she giggled and playfully told me to put her down until I threw her down on the bed and climbed on top of her was one of my favorite memories.

Wait a minute, why am I even reminiscing about her? She abandoned me. She left me for Australia. Australia. The land of fucking giant spiders and boxing kangaroos.

Besides, I have a boyfriend now. And speaking of the devil, my phone suddenly rang as his name popped up on the screen. I huffed in annoyance as I picked it up from the bench and pressed the green call button.