Chapter 13. Past Reflect

Scarlett's POV

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Brief mentions of homophobia/bigotry and attempted...violence(?)

I grabbed Audrey tightly by the waist. With one swift movement, I lifted her up and pressed her against the car. Her legs wrapped around me as her hands rested on my shoulders. I hungrily explored her mouth, sensing her moans vibrate against my tongue as I deepened the kiss. I trailed my lips down her neck, the salty-sweet taste of her skin feeling like heaven on my tongue. Her sweet and delicious scent of blooming roses pierced through my nostrils and set off fireworks in my mind.

I felt her body shudder against me as I trailed my kisses back to her swollen lips, wishing that I could explore every inch of her body right then and there.

I reluctantly broke off the kiss, my gaze still lingering on her flushed face as her feet touched the ground. Her beautiful eyes were consumed with a fiery passion as she licked her lips and bit her bottom lip. The sensation of her body grinding against mine felt so perfect, and the need to tear off her clothes and feel her skin against mine was overwhelming.

Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of guilt and regret flickering in her eyes for a split second. But it just as quickly disappeared. Perhaps it was just my traumatized mind's imagination as a result of my ex. I shook away the thought of her.

Why are you thinking about her? She fucking abandoned you for her bigoted parents and shattered your heart into a million pieces. She doesn't deserve a millisecond of your time. Stop letting her continue to poison your life.

The drive back to Audrey's apartment started off in silence. I was still recovering from the heart-fluttering kiss, and I assumed that Audrey was feeling the same way. I briefly glanced over to see her staring out the partially down window deep in thought; the wind gently whipping strands of her hair around her contemplating face.

I could detect that something was bothering her, and I dreaded what that was.

Ten minutes later

"Shit!" I yelled, slamming on the brakes as a small dog, probably a Chihuahua, ran out in front of us in the middle of the road. My hand shot out and landed on Audrey's chest as I instinctively pressed her against the back of her seat to prevent her from hitting her head against the dashboard.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her with concern as shuddering breaths escaped through her partially opened mouth.

"I'm fine." She leaned forward  to see the place where the tiny dog had jumped out. "Is the dog okay?"

"I'm sure he's okay. I didn't hit him," I assured. "Look! There he is! See? He's totally safe."

I pointed in the direction of the little dog where he trotted towards a middle-aged brunette wearing a furious expression on her face. She started beckoning at us, so I rolled down the window.

"You idiot! Watch where you're driving!" she screamed with a contorted expression of anger as she scooped up the little dog.

"You should watch your dog and keep him on a leash! He got lucky this time," I yelled back.

The woman thrust me the middle finger and stomped on away. With an exasperated sigh, I rolled the window back up and turned towards Audrey. She raised an eyebrow at me and glanced down to my hand which remained clutching her chest.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry!" I chuckled awkwardly as I swiftly removed my hand, the heat of embarrassment creeping into my face.

"I appreciate you holding me back. I probably would have gotten a concussion if you didn't." She laughed lightly, coaxing out a small laugh from myself.

TrustFall | Under HEAVY Revision & Editingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें