Chapter 10

"Scusa? (Excuse me?) The auction?", I asked her, utterly confused

"Scusa? (Excuse me?) The auction?", I asked her, utterly confused. "Si. (Yes.) You must look your best, so someone will buy you. Otherwise, they will kill you.", she told me, opening the wardrobe and looking through the clothes.

My eyes widened in shock. "No way! No one is going to buy me! I refuse to get sold like some.....object!", I said angrily.

"Mi dispiace, caro. (I'm sorry, dear.) But you have no choice.", she told me, throwing a dress on the bed. "Jungkook has promised you to one of the sellers already."

So Jungkook just gave me away to be sold, like I was nothing? I should've known.

"Now go and have a bath so I can get you
ready."

***

After I had a shower and washed my hair, Sofia (the lady who was instructed to help me get ready) blow dried my hair and straightened it.

She made me wear a blue strappy dress that barely made it past my ass. She then did my makeup and gave me a pair of black stilettos.
She finished off the look with a dark shade of lipstick and some perfume.

I looked in the mirror and sighed. I looked like a prostitute. Not that there's anything wrong with being one. But in my case, I was being trafficked. I felt sick just thinking about it.

Sofia led me to a minivan and hugged me.
"Good luck. caro. Stay strong, and you will get through it.", she told me. I smiled and got into the car, along with six other girls.

Most of them were excitedly talking about how they hope they get bought and guessing how much they'll be bought for. I sunk in my seat and played with my acrylic nails.

"Hi, I'm Lisa.", the blonde girl next to me said. I looked up and was surprised. She looked really young.
"Jennie.", I replied. "You excited about being sold?", she asked me. I shook my head.

"Me neither.", she sighed. "I was minding my own business, walking home from a party last night when someone knocked me out. Next thing I knew, I was being forced to get ready because apparently we either get sold or killed.", she said quietly, tears forming in her eyes.

I instantly felt bad for her. "Hey, it's okay. Don't cry. I'll protect you, okay?" She looked up at me.
"You'd do that for me?", she asked. I nodded and took her hand in mine. She smiled. "Thank you.", she said quietly, before placing her head on my shoulder.

Dear God, if you really are up there, please help me to keep my word to this poor girl.

***

About two hours later, we arrived at a warehouse. Two men opened the door and pulled us outside, shoving us towards the entrance. Lisa held my hand tightly as we entered the building. There were bright lights shining above us, making me squint.

A large, tinted window stood halfway across the room. I assumed that the buyers could see us, but we couldn't see them. The men shoved the first girl under the the biggest spotlight. She stood proudly with a huge smile on her face.

"This is Chou Tzuyu. She is 21 years old and is not a virgin. Tzuyu has naturally brown hair and blue eyes. Bidding starts at £10 000.", a loud voice boomed from the speakers above us. I
heard some murmuring from behind the glass.

After a few moments, a red light lit up. "Sold to Mr. Sehun for £15 000."

This went on until it was Lisa's turn. I noticed that the light only lit up when someone was bought.

"You're gonna be alright, okay? I promise.", I said as I hugged the shaking girl.

"Lisa Manobal. Age 17. She has blonde hair and green eyes. Lisa, have you ever had sexual intercourse?" Lisa shook her head, her eyes fixed on the ground. "Ahh, we have a virgin tonight. Bidding starts at £100 000."

Please don't let the red bulb light up, please, please, please.

The red bull lit up and Lisa looked at me, her face becoming pale. "Sold to Mr. BangChan for
£300 000!"

Oh my God! No, no, no, no! What do I do? I promised her I would protect her!

I suddenly ran to Lisa and stood in front of her.
"She's lying. She's not a virgin.", I said loudly.

Hopefully, they'll kick her out if they think that she lied.

"Wh.. what are you doing?", Lisa whispered to me. "Just trust me, okay?", I whispered back.

"Lisa, you lied to us. This will not be tolerated.
Men, you know what to do."

Two men suddenly came up from behind us, one holding a gun to Lisa's head.