Chapter 3

"Jennie! Wait up!"

"Jennie! Wait up!"

Mino tried catching up to me, but I kept walking faster. "Jennie!" I suddenly stopped and turned around. "What?"

"Merda (shit)...so you're still mad at me?" I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone.", he said, his brown eyes portraying regret. I sighed.
"That's not why I'm mad. I'm mad because you didn't even check up on me before leaving the club!"

"I looked around for you and tried calling your cell! When you didn't answer, I assumed you went home with a guy or something.", he told me with a shrug. "I'll forgive you, on one condition.", I said. "Anything."

"I want you to look up the name Choi San.", I told him. "Choi San? Where have I heard that name before....", Mino trailed off. "Just do it, okay?"

"Your wish is my command.", he said with a bow. I laughed as he walked away.

I walked to the nearest store and went straight to the chocolate section. I couldn't choose just one, so I ended up taking one of everything.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a handsome man talking fast on his phone in Italian. Every now and then, he'd glance at me. I left the chocolates and crept towards him to see if I could hear what he was saying.

"Quando è il funerale? Che mi dici della ragazza?" (When's the funeral? And what about the girl?)

He looked over at me and I acted like I was busy inspecting a pack of cigarettes.

Ew, smoking.

He seemed convinced and carried on. "Almeno hai scoperto il suo nome? Jennie cosa?
Kim?" (Did you at least find out her name?
Jennie who? Kim ?)

Oh shit. That's me...

'Signora, are you sure that you'll need...So many? We usually sell them separately, not by the box.", the shopkeeper told me. "What?" I looked down and realised that I had a box of 100 condoms in my hand.

I was so busy listening to the man's conversation that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The man had stopped talking on the phone and was looking at me once again."Uh, yes. I'm actually on my period right now, so my boyfriend will need....extra protection.", I quickly said.

Well, that made no sense.

The shopkeeper went red, nodded his head and hurried off to scan it while I held back a laugh.
When I looked up again, the man was walking out. I quickly paid for my stuff and followed him.

He was walking quite fast but I kept up. He eventually turned into a dark alley.

Of course, the hot guy who happened to have mentioned my name went into an alley.
Fucking fabulous.

I waited for a minute or two before following him. I walked further down the alley and didn't see him. Suddenly, someone grabbed me and slammed my back against the wall.