Chapter 2.34 - Heroine making a move?

Start from the beginning

Hiroka who felt it turn beside him and now he noticed that they were the only once left in class.

Hiroka kept the lyrics in his pocket and then stood up. "Let's go," He said and then walked out which Riku followed him behind.

As they finally went out of the classroom, Hiroka continued, "You go ahead first. I still have something to do with the club I'm joining." At what he said, Riku nodded.

Before turning to the hallway that leads to the stairs. Hearing the recognizable female voice caused Hiroka to start frowning immediately.

"I appreciate your help for catching me before I fell. My heart will be in pain if the cookies I made since yesterday's effort will be uneaten."

At the corner, Hiroka crept up and spotted Kiyoshi with Yui. Yui was carrying a small basket filled with cookies.

'Is the Heroine finally making a move for the Demon Prince...?' If so, this is not good,' Hiroka reasoned. The demon prince must not show interest in the Heroine!

Kiyoshi repeatedly murmured, "Pain?"

Yui happily grinned as he lifted the basket of cookies in front of Kiyoshi and said, "As a thank you, I decided to give this to you as a gift."

As he turned to face Yui after gazing at the basket in front of him, Kiyoshi said, "Thank you, but I should decline."

She asked, a little unhappy that she had been rejected her cookies, "...Why?"

Kiyoshi said, "I don't like accepting made food from other people I just met."

Yui: "..."

Kiyoshi: "Then if you'll excuse me, I still have thing important to do."

Before he could take another step, Yui stopped Kiyoshi as he started to walk past her up the stairs. "W-wait!"

Kiyoshi sighed and gave her a sidelong glance. Yui was a little frightened by Kiyoshi's icy gaze on her.

She ran out of words and only can say, "I...ah." She is unsure of where to begin.

Kiyoshi turned his body toward her and started speaking. "And also, I want to be honest with you, my lady. You must be clearly mistaken about me helping you. I just caught you with no other choice. I was planning on dodging because you were getting in my way, but I don't have that time to dodge since you were too close."

Riku and Hiroka: "..."

Yui: "Eh?"

To bid her farewell, Kiyoshi gave a nod. He made a U-turn and ascended the stairs.

Yui didn't give up though. She held his sleeves with her raised left hand. What a brave woman to stop the Demon prince there.

It was clear from Kiyoshi's expression that he was upset. For him, it came as a shock that someone would actually dare to grab his sleeves in an effort to stop him.

Kiyoshi was about to tell her to let go when he heard someone say, "There you are, Kiyoshi!"

Yui and Kiyoshi both turned to look at the source and noticed Hiroka and Riku. Kiyoshi received a wave from Hiroka, "I've been looking for you."

"Hiroka?..." Yui letting go of Kiyoshi's sleeves allowed him to slip away from her and get close to Hiroka. 

Hiroka said, "I was looking for you so that I can show you the song I made, but..."

Hiroka paused for a second and turned to face Yui before continuing, "Did I interrupt your conversation?"

Hiroka caught Yui's blank gaze. She was extremely enraged in her heart, 'Yes, you really did interrupt my moment!' She furiously thought. 

"No," Kiyoshi answered Hiroka.

Hiroka said, "I see, then it's good that I found you in time. Let's continue talking about the song at the club room since we still have time for it."

Kiyoshi: "Okay"

Then, turning to face Riku, Hiroka said, "Riku, I decided you should come with us too to watch our performance." This was obviously intended to get Riku to stay as far away from Yui as possible.

The triplets ascended the stairs together as Riku nodded to him, completely ignoring to Yui, who was still holding her angry.

___

As they moved through the hallway, Kiyoshi said, "Thank you," to Hiroka, who was walking next to him. As usual, Riku was behind Hiroka.

Hiroka asked, "What for?" Kiyoshi simply gave him a funny look.

"Don't play dumb, I already knew all along that you two were evesdropping."

While Riku simply turned his head away, Hiroka winced at what he said. 'We've been exposed!' Hiroka sweatdrop

"How long?" Hiroka questioned.

"Since you peeked around the corner," Kiyoshi replied.  'No... 'I should say the moment I felt that magic,' Kiyoshi wanted to say but couldn't.

"I know it's bad to eavesdrop on others, especially from the Prince of the Demon realm," Hiroka said with a small laugh.

Kiyoshi said, "I let this slide once, since you helped me."

Now that they were in front of the club room, Hiroka could only sigh with relief.

Hiroka knocked on the door three times before turning the handle to open it. He sincerely hoped that those listening would find it enjoyable.