Chapter 24: Mana Flow (2)

"If you decide to learn Mana flow, I'll give you my advice," Hiroka exclaimed happily, looking at Riko, who nodded silently in response.

Riko was wondering if Hiroka had learned about Mana flow because the Second Prince had given him some advice, so he assumed he had tried practicing Mana flow as well.

Hiroka remembered how Riko learned Mana flow in the novel. Riko takes him an almost 3 months to finally achieve it, but Hiroka knew Riko could do it in a 2 half a month if he told him the method Riko used in the novel.

"Our movement flows with our breath. All you do is inhale through your nose and exhale out of your mouth. Remember, depending on your natural breath or the state you are in, your breath dictates the movement. For starting, just commit to at least 1 minute first thing in the morning or midday. Work your way up to 5 minutes. If you finish that, then the flow on your mana will be easy. It might hurt a bit but I'm sure it succeed. Just feel your body with it." Hiroka says.

"Hiroka, did you learn Mana flow?" Riko finally asked, curious about the second Prince's guessing if he had also learned about Mana flow.

Hiroka blinked, surprised by his question, but quickly relaxed and smiled.

"Yes, my father taught me and my brother about Mana flow, but I didn't really follow some of his methods and decided to do it myself because everyone's Mana flow is different, and it took me 2 months to finally achieve it," Riko chuckled.

"Can you show me?" Riko requested, his eyes serious and interested.

The second prince, Hiroka, blinked once more. He knew that the original host of Hiroka's body had been a while since he had used Mana flow because he had been so focused on mastering his own magic and performing some tricks. Furthermore, he was about to practice Mana flow after completing his own magic but was forced to stop when he became ill on the day he was poisoned.

"Sure," Hiroka replied, "but just to remind you that it isn't that strong anymore; I can only flow a small amount of my mana now." Hiroka smiled and looked around for something small to flow his mana into, while Riko nodded. Riko was sad on the inside, but he didn't show it on the outside.

Hiroka was on the training ground looking around. He had finally found what he needed. He picked up a small piece of broken wood.

Knights frequently went to the training ground to spare each other, and as a result, some wooden sword pieces broke.

Hiroka took a deep breath and stood up straight. He then turned away from the wall and faced it. Riko just stood there silently, while the maid who had been watching from afar was puzzled by Hiroka's actions.

Hiroka started to relax. Hiroka simply stared at the wall as if it were a prey, and he began to flow his mana through his body and then throughout the piece of wood, as if he were following what the original body had learned.

Riko, who had been watching Hiroka, had sensed a small presence in him and clearly saw the piece of wood glowed a little. He was certain it was his mana.

When Hiroka was certain he was finished, he threw the piece of wood against the wall. The impact of the wood on the wall produced a loud sound. The wall was shattered after being struck by a piece of wood. It wasn't particularly large, but it was hollow. The piece of wood remained, and it soon fell to the ground unharmed.

Riko was amazed when he saw this, while Hiroka was shocked on the inside. It was his first encounter with it. He had no idea how powerful the impact was, despite the fact that he only produces a small amount of mana on it.

"Well, that's how powerful it is when using Mana flow," Hiroka said, "But what I showed you wasn't strong enough, so I'm sure you can already imagine how strong it is when flowing your Mana in that sword." Hiroka continued, pointing to the sword.

Riko examined the sword he was wielding and grasped the handle. He was both excited and nervous as he imagined himself using Mana flow in the sword, but his expression didn't reflect it. He was composed and focused.

"I'll start flowing my mana tomorrow morning; I still have 500 swings left as ordered by the highness, the crown prince, so please excuse me Hiroka," Riko said as he bowed and continued his training by swinging his sword in the air.

'500 swings?!' Hiroka screamed in his head as he sweatdropped on his statement. '

"H-how many did my brother tell you to swing the sword?" Hiroka inquired nervously, but who could have predicted that Riko's response would make Hiroka pale.

"10,000 swings"

"..."

"That means you've already swung the sword 9,500 times" Hiroka murmured, his face pale.

'Is that a little excessive?!' Hiroka sighed as he pondered.

"Then I should go back inside; I don't want to disrupt your training any longer," Hiroka forced a smile still a little pale after discovering Riko's training swings.

"Hn," Hiroka hummed in response, and he walked away.

Allea, the maid, noticed The Second Prince approaching her and noticed Hiroka's pale face. She became extremely concerned and assumed that Hiroka's condition had worsened as a result of what he had done earlier. Allea couldn't quite see it, but she was certain The Second Prince had used something to break the wall.

"Do I need to call a doctor, your highness? You're pale!"

"No need, I was just shocked for a moment," Hiroka said, denying the maid's request for a doctor and still thinking about how many swings Riko had swung.

Allea was unsure about not calling a doctor, and she became increasingly concerned. When Hiroka noticed her expression, he simply smiled and said, "I'm fine, don't worry."

Allea simply smiled and sighed with relief.

"Let's head back inside," Hiroka said, motioning Allea, his personal maid, to follow him. Allea immediately obeyed and followed his master.

When they finally entered the palace, Hiroka realized something very important and told Allea that he needed to rest in his room, which Allea, the maid, immediately obeyed.

As The Second Prince entered his room. He told Allea, who was accompanying him to escort his room, not to disturb him unless it was important.

Allea smiled and bowed and replied, "Of course, your highness." Hiroka returned the smile before closing and locking the door.

Hiroka sighed with relief as he heard Allea's footsteps walking away and said to himself, "SH*T! I almost forgot! I was supposed to use light magic to heal myself!"