Chapter 15: Cleared

Hello readers. I just wanted to let you know that several of the chapters I've been working on have incorrect grammar. XD . Please bear with me as I correct my grammar. (╥﹏╥)

Oh, and I'd like to remind you that the update will be slow. I'm a little preoccupied with my schoolwork. .·'¯'(>▂<)'¯'·.

___________________________________________________

As soon as I finished my pancakes, I placed my utensils down.

"Dad...Brother," I called out to my father and brother as they looked at me, who had finished eating as well. Now that we're on good terms, I can finally tell them about Riku being my knight.

"It's about Riku," I explained.

"Riku? You mean that guy you brought?" Brother asked his face was serious, as well as father who was waiting for me to speak.

"Yeah, I was thinking if he could stay here and be my personal knight," I explained as I ate some pudding, a sweet dessert served by the maids. My brother was surprised, as well of the several servants who were aware of Riku's presence in the palace. My father, on the other hand, was simply relaxing and sipping his coffee, which was also given by the servants.

"Hiroka, thats-" I knew my brother was about to object, but he was stopped off by my father, which surprised me at first but quickly made me glad about his response. My brother, on the other hand, was shocked.

"Sure, that'd be great."

"Father?!" Brother, startled.

"Calm down, Haru, there's no need to be surprised; I was intending on having that boy be Hiroka's knight anyway; I want him to protect Hiroka and accompany him wherever he goes, even at school," Father said, and I and even my brother were taken aback by what he said.

Alfred, the butler, must have informed my father and brother about my attending school. I thought dad was objecting to the idea and that I was going to persuade him, but it appears that father and brother agreed that I was going to school.

"Y-you mean the kid who will accompany Hiroka to school, was him?!" Brother was perplexed and surprised. Alfred, who was a bit further away from the dining table, heard us and was surprised as well. On the other hand, Allea; who was sitting on the row behind me, seemed shocked as well.

My brother and I heard my father hum in answer, which meant he had already determined Riku would be my personal knight the entire time.

'It appears that I have already cleared this one.'

"B-but, father, why him?" asked Brother. When father had finished drinking all of the coffee in his cup, he set it down and stated. "He's interesting, other kids his age will be terrified of me at first glimpse, but he's different...Haru, you also think he's interesting, right?" Father asked, seriously glancing at brother. When brother heard father's statement, he was taken aback and stayed silent till he nodded.