11

Over the next few days I had been slowly cleaning out the basement and even got a chance to sell a bunch of things that were in good condition allowing me to make $800 I was going to add it into the squirrel fund but decided to add it in during summer and build on it for now. I hadn't started painting yet since I needed to get insulation added to make it a more livable space in winter.

It was strange not having to wake up so early anymore since the bakery I worked at was closed down due to a termite infestation. I wasn't sure it was going to open back up again so now I had to try searching for a new job. I had received me results back from the SAT and found out I had passed with a perfect 1600 and was I was now starting up a college course online for Business as well as Child psychology and development. The term didn't start for another month so for now I was reading ahead and working full shifts at the dinner five days a week and short shifts on the weekend. 

"Lunch! Eat it or miss it people!" I hear Fi yell from downstairs. "Come on buddy. Time to eat." I say as I pick Liam up off of my bedroom floor, leaving the earrings I had just finished off to cure. I carry him downstairs as the others follow. Carl ducked around me careful that I didn't trip over him.

"More piss food?" Lip says and I groan. "Can you stop calling it that?" I complain. He did this every time and it always grossed me out. 

"You know it." Fi says as I set Liam in his highchair and take a seat next to him. "Cup-a-lasagna anyone?" Lip holds up a mug and we all nod. "Who was supposed to do the dishes last night?"

"My bad I'll do them after lunch" Ian tells Fi as he sits down with us.

"Hey Debs you ready to go target?" V calls out as she walks in "What's that smell? Its either vomit or fancy cheese."

"It can be both if you want." I hear Carl comment as V comes over and grab a jar off the counter. "Target?" Fi asks as she starts pouring drinks. "Debs is going to help me resister for wedding gifts."

"I thought the wedding was off" I say as I place some small chunks of lasagna onto Liam's tray letting him feed himself as well as feel the different textures. A form of sensory play that I found out was important at a young age for him. 

"Its back on" V tells me as she takes the spoon from Lip and takes a bite. "Damn. You tell that girl Sonya I'll crap on a paper plate if it gets me some of this grub." I chuckle before having to duck away from the chunk of lasagna that Carl flicked towards us. It smacks into the wall before landing of the floor. 

"Little Bear you better clean that up before it leaves a grease stain." He rolls his eyes but gets up anyway and grabs a cloth to scrub the wall with. I grab and extra mug and dish some up for V. "Here eat on the go. Debs take yours with you so you have enough time to shop." I say as I hand V the mug along with a spoon. The two leave and I finish up eating before getting dressed into my uniform for  the diner. 

"You two going to be okay with Liam?" I as Lip and Ian as I walk into their room. "Yeah."

"Okay. He's already down for his nap. Don't forget to change him after and Ian don't forget to do the dishes. And for the love of god open the damn window." I say as more smoke fills their room. I wave it away from my face before blowing them a kiss and leaving. It doesn't take long to drive to work and soon enough I'm filling the dessert case and taking orders. 

"Hi, I'm Phoebe I'll be your server today. What can I get you?" I say my tone shifting to become more polite. "Two slices of cherry pie. Two large fries. One large coke and one orange juice. Get all that sweetheart?" I fight to keep the smile on my face at the mans condescending tone and nod. 

"I got it. Your order will be out shortly." I say through gritted teeth as I write their table number on the edge of the ticket and clip it to the kitchen window. I make the drinks and set them on a tray along with the pie and a few forks.