Chapter Twenty Five- Coronation

Six months later,
After the drama, it took a while for the whole country to settle down a bit, especially for Romana and The Prince. Romana decided that The Prince should be the head of the RSD and asked Xena and Xena's father to train him vigorously and violently in order to make him capable of handling the whole country's security. And they did so. The Prince was trained so hard that he whined every day like a kid, but he knew that it was for his own good. Amidst the Prince's whining and both brother and sister learning how to become parents for their baby brother, the coronation approached. Everyone in the country was very excited about the coronation and her being an excellent Queen. It was the most exciting thing for the people of the country since the impeachment of Queen Mother. However, this expectation made Romana very nervous, and on the day of the coronation, she was so nervous that she almost fainted while walking around her chambers.
Xena saw this and approached her in order to calm her down. When Romana saw Xena, she ran towards her and hugged her tightly. Xena chuckled a little and ordered the guards to leave the premises. Xena released the hug and saw Romana in a beautiful crystal white gown, embroidered with golden pearls. She was stunned to see Romana in such a beautiful dress. Xena lifted Romana in excitement, turned her around, and carefully put her down on the ground. After this gesture, Romana became a little more relaxed and laughed. After Xena put her down, she kissed Romana on the forehead and on the lips, saying, "If it were possible, I would never let you get out of bed today. I would make love with you all day and night. You look that gorgeous." Hearing this, Romana was surprised because Xena didn't often talk to her like this. Romana decided to flirt back and said, "No one is stopping you tonight!" The Prince heard all of this and said, "Either I have the worst timing or you have the worst sight," to which they unanimously replied, "Definitely the first one!"
The Prince scoffed and hurried Xena and Romana to reach the coronation immediately. Romana took her baby brother in her hands and walked towards the coronation. She was the first Queen in their country to walk down the aisle with her baby brothers, her guard, and people who were close to her instead of some unknown bridesmaids.
When she walked down the aisle, she sat on the throne while the priests blessed her. Her brother and Xena stood on each side of the throne, while her baby brother sat on her lap. After the rituals, she was crowned and handed the sceptre, becoming the Queen of Votara. Everyone in the room stood up and clapped so hard that it resounded throughout the 300-foot room. Romana made a gesture to calm everyone down, and everyone sat down. After everyone settled, she began her coronation speech: "I, Romana, the Queen of Votara, hereby promise that I shall not show any favoritism to anyone under my rule. Everyone is equal in my eyes, and no one is above the law, not even me. I warn everyone who even thinks of committing a crime that they shall be punished harshly under the law."
After the speech, everyone clapped even harder since it was the first time they had heard a not-so-traditional speech that captured their hearts. After everyone settled down and thought that the ceremony was over, Romana asked Xena to come in front of her. Xena obliged, even though it felt a little weird for the Queen to ask her to stand in front of her. When Xena stood there, Romana made a gesture to her brother and took out a box which seemed like a jewellery box., giving it to her. Romana then kneeled in front of Xena, holding the box.