Chapter Thirteen- Wounds

Xena lifted Her Majesty in a bridal style. She ran towards the palace, shouting orders to her subordinates to prepare the ambulance. She laid Her Majesty on the stretcher inside the ambulance. The guards surrounded the ambulance with sirens blaring, while paramedics attended to Her Majesty. Upon reaching the hospital, doctors took over the care of Her Majesty, while Xena stood outside, seemingly lifeless, and collapsed on the ground. For the first time in a while, Xena cried. It was gut-wrenching for the guards to see her cry, as she was not the type of person who was good at expressing herself. In fact, they were speechless and shocked to see her in such a state. She shouted, "I like you too, Your Majesty! Please come back to me. I'm so sorry for making you sad by being an idiot. I won't be that idiot anymore. I promise. I want to be with you, hug you, kiss you, and scream at the top of my lungs that I like you too. I promise to do all those things if you please come back to me. So please come back to me."The prince heard all this and was furious. He came to Xena and kicked her. Xena was shocked, as were her subordinates. They came forward to stop the prince but were stopped by Xena. Xena slowly stood up and apologized for not being competent enough to protect Her Majesty. This made the prince even angrier, and he said, "Wait! You think I kicked you only because you failed to protect my sister!" Xena replied, "Yes, Your Highness." The prince continued, "Yes, you failed at that task so miserably, but that's not the only reason why I kicked you!" Xena asked, "Then why did you kick me, Your Highness?" The prince responded, "I kicked you because you are the reason why my sister ended up in this state!" Xena, confused, said, "I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Apart from failing to protect her, what other reason am I a part of?" The prince revealed, "Who do you think the escaped assassin was the other day?" Xena, filled with anger, asked, "Who was it, Your Highness?" The prince declared, "IT WAS YOUR FATHER!"