Chapter Fifteen- Trust me

After leaving the hospital, it took a while for Xena to gather herself together. Once she had gathered herself, she was clueless about what to do next. That's when she saw her subordinates following her. She was happy to see them trusting her, even though she had been accused by the Prince himself. After they went to one of their hiding spots outside the palace, they had a meeting. During the meeting, Xena said that anyone who was not comfortable being with her could leave, but none of them left. Seeing this gave Xena a sense of confidence. They quickly started planning how to catch her father. It was emotionally exhausting for Xena to pretend that she was only catching a culprit and not her own father, but she didn't want to see the disappointment in her team's eyes. They all trusted her and followed her, so she had no choice but to maintain her composure. She also felt that it was her duty, something her father had taught her since childhood. She couldn't understand why her father would do something like that. As far as she knew, her father was the most loyal person to the throne, which is why the former King made him the head of the RSD. She had so many questions and needed answers, so she decided to catch her father in order to get them.
At the hospital, the doctors did their best to treat Her Majesty, and she was out of danger but still unconscious. Xena was also visiting the hospital regularly to check on Her Majesty even though it was dangerous for her to be seen.
It has been a week since she was unconscious. Everyone was starting to get anxious, and the Queen Mother and The Prince were not leaving the hospital. The Prince could hardly convince the Queen Mother to leave the hospital since it is no longer safe for her health. He himself escorted the Queen Mother to the palace since, she was stubborn about staying at the hospital. Meanwhile, Xena took this opportunity and snuck into the hospital room disguised as a doctor. There, she saw Her Majesty lying on the bed unconscious and got teary-eyed. She walked near her bed slowly, sat in it, and gently caressed Her Majesty's hair and cheeks, kissing her on the forehead. As she was about to leave, she heard a voice that gave her goosebumps—it was Her Majesty's voice. Her Majesty said, "Sneaking out again, are you?"  It took a couple of minutes for Xena to realise the voice was real and was from Her Majesty. Xena was overjoyed to hear this voice. She turned around and ran towards Her Majesty, hugging her tightly. The hug surprised Her Majesty, but she was happy and over the moon. After they released the hug, Her Majesty felt a bit awkward and tried to diffuse the awkwardness by saying, "What are you wearing? You know this doesn't look flattering on your bod—" Before she could finish her sentence, Xena closed Her Majesty's lips with a kiss. Although Her Majesty was initially surprised, she quickly gave in to Xena and started kissing her back.
That kiss felt magical. For a second, both of them forgot about the world and were passionately kissing each other. As they kissed, their eyes closed and they involuntarily tilted their heads, as if they were accustomed to kissing each other. Xena's tongue slid out of her mouth and entered Her Majesty's mouth. Their tongues intertwined with each other. After kissing for a few minutes, they separated, both panting and out of breath. Her Majesty couldn't believe what had just happened. Xena brought Her Majesty close, kissed her on the forehead, and said, "Something happened, and you will soon find out. I can't explain it myself, since I have to leave right now. But, I know you understand me better than I understand myself. Promise me that you will trust me. Promise me that you won't believe a single word you hear from others. Please promise me that you will trust me. It's the only way I can work, hoping that you trust me."
After hearing this, Her Majesty knew something was definitely wrong, but she promised Xena anyway because she knew she could trust her with her life. After the affirmation, Xena stood up, walked towards the door, and left with a smile.