Rin Hirakoba - August

Start from the beginning

The two entered different schools, he was in Higa Chuu, while she studies in an all-girl school.

She could only recall the faint memory of Hirakoba waiting for her every day near the enormous gates of her school which she anticipated as she zooms outside the building she resides for hours.

And she wonders if he'll do the same thing again. Or will he crush her hopes again? She never knew, no one knew.

Back when we were still changing for the better
Wanting was enough
For me, it was enough

The classes dragged on in a blink of an eye. (Name) and her friends excitingly skipped towards the exits of their school. Their chatters resonate around the area, exchanging random information about one another.

Suddenly the phone she's been clasping buzzed, sending tingling small movements on her palm, making her halt.

"Ah, guys. Wait a sec," She excused, flipping her phone open. The cute keychain dangling with its beads. Opening the mail that disturbed her, her eyes expanded, accompanied by the thump that reverberated in her chest.

From: Rin-kun (ฅ・ิω・ิฅ)
Subject: Meet up

Hey, (Name)-chan? Can we meet up? There's something important I have to tell you... Sorry for the suddenness, I hope we could meet now. Here's the address.

Her friends stared at her odd reaction, their foreheads crinkling, "Is everything okay, (Name)?"

One of them questioned, making her fall back to reality and nodding her head. With a frantic voice, she mumbled, "Guys, I have to go home. Something happened."

(Name) bid her goodbye, rushing out of the school. Her companions exclaimed her name but did not bother chasing her.

To live for the hope of it all
Cancel plans just in case you'd call
And say "Meet me behind the mall"

(Name) finally arrived at their rendezvous, her eyes wandering around, and spotted the familiar male. Her lips curved up in an excited grin as adrenaline washes her wholeness, her legs unconsciously approaching him. Without dithering, she called out to him.

The sense of relief as she chanted his name is intoxicating. She was happy.

But the expression on his face made her heart sink, he was not smiling and stared at her.

"Sorry, (Name)-chan. But we can't meet anymore from now on."

The girl paused for a moment before she spared him a look of disbelief, "Why did you call me here then?"

A sigh escapes his mouth, "The truth is... I have a girlfriend. You are just a summer fling."

So much for summer love, and saying "Us"'
Cause you weren't mine to lose
You weren't mine to lose
No

She huffs, shaking her head, "What?"

'No, this is not true,' She could feel herself begin to tear apart as she inwardly denied his news. But Hirakoba's expression never lit up, he was stern, something not usual for him.

"I... I could not tolerate this anymore. I can't cheat on her."

"Why?" Her voice quivered; hundreds of questions restlessly ran through her mind. This was something she least expected to happen. They were great, they were on good terms, they were close, what drove him to do this to her? To intrude in her life just to crush her?

But I can see us
Lost in the memory
August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine

"I like you, (Name). But I love my girlfriend more, so let's not continue this. I'm sorry for not telling you, sorry if I toyed you."

She was glued to the ground, watching him advance away from her. (Name) was destroyed by his misleading affection.

Then again, they never dated.

They were not together. Even if she viewed it from an alternate perspective, she was just his "other girl," an ephemeral summer fling.

And I can see us twisted in bedsheets
August sipped away
Like a bottle of wine
'Cause you were never mine.

END!

Kinda have to skip the song because it's long. This was supposed to be a Kirihara chapter, but I couldn't picture him cheating (or maybe I'm just biased)

I love T. Swift's songs so much, I can literally think of an AU or plot right away just by listening to her songs lol.