Chapter 49 : Kunti's Confession

Start from the beginning

"You forgave him," Nakul whispers trying not to sound fanatic.

"Yes, I did. You five were in Devapath that time. You know everything," Draupadi says.

"Did you forget..." Sahadev was cut off with Draupadi's stern gaze.

"I didn't forget anything, don't worry Arya. But I forgave him because of his repentance. His love earned him my forgiveness. If he didn't change, Govind wouldn't have bring us together," Draupadi says.

Pandavas knew she was right and Krishna too. They aren't doubting Draupadi a bit. But another man's name from her mouth, who loves her too much to see her celestial form, they feel someone ignited fire on their body. They didnt think hating someone this much is even possible. What's wrong with Karn to love her this much? The way he looks at her, they are very much familiar with it. His smile while seeing her, his love filled gaze at her everything is intolerable for them.

Draupadi laid down on the mattress. She needs to rest because there are lots of rituals from tomorrow.

Only two days left to complete the three weeks. Draupadi is walking in circles.

"Draupadi, what's wrong?" Hidimba asks.

"Jiji, can you believe it? I have to leave and Govind and Karn both have disappeared in thin air," Draupadi says annoyed.

"I can understand Vasudev's importance in your life. Why do you need Karn to be here as well?" Hidimba asks.

"Jiji, Karn will take my place. I know my sons. Aside from me they only listen to Govind. And surprisingly they listen to Karn as well," Draupadi says.

Hidimba seemed to have a question in her mind.

"Jiji, do you want to say anything?" Draupadi asks.

"Draupadi I fail to understand you giving so much importance to Karn," Hidimba confesses.

"Jiji, I know it's really complicated. Karn staying beside me all the time, our relationship. I also don't know how to explain this. But what I understand is Karn loves me too much that it has reached on the level of devotion. His love is selfless. If you compare that with my love for Sakha, you will understand a bit. I dread the fact that Govind will be disappointed in me, he will stop loving me, he will go away from me," Draupadi shudders just with the thought of it.

"If Karn loves me the way I love sakha, then I can imagine the pain he will go through if I don't accept him. Love gives people rights on each other. I don't want him to feel the pain or the rejection. If staying by my side fulfills his love for me, than I am ready to accept it," Draupadi says.

Hidimba nods her head confused, "I don't get it. I don't even get the relationship between you and Vasudev. Sometimes I feel you are his lover then I feel you are worshipping him."

Draupadi bursted into laughter, "Love can't be defined. It's not about possessing someone. It's about getting lost in that person. And I am completely lost in my Govind."

Hidimba again gives her a confused look, "I give up. I have works to do rather than getting a headache by trying to figure out your relationship."

It wasn't long that Hidimba went out and Kunti enters.

"Mata, come in," Draupadi welcomed her.

"Putri, I need to talk with you"

Kunti's voice was different and Draupadi immediately knew something was off. She dismissed everyone in her chamber and ordered the guards to not let anyone in without informing her first.