"Sorry if I woke you up, Minjeong ah. I'll promise I won't-"

"No, keep playing."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise, and she frowned softly.

"You want me to play?"

Minjeong breathed out a smile, sitting next to her in the space she still had left from the piano seat.

"I didn't ask you to stop, did I?"

Jimin chuckled, breathing out a smile as she shook her head.

"I just wanted to relieve some stress," Jimin began, breathing out a deep sigh, "Besides, the baby likes it so I just kept going," She sighed, looking at her, "Still, I'm sorry if I woke you up."

Minjeong shook her head and smiled, feeling content.

"Don't apologize," She looked at Jimin, and then at the piano, "Mind playing for us?"

"Us?"

"Well, I think you interrupted the baby's concert because of me. I do think our baby has the right to listen to the end, don't they?"

She sighed and nodded quietly, pausing her fingers above the keys again.

...

Minjeong gulped down, biting her lip as she tried to prevent her tears from falling from her eyes.

But she knew it wouldn't be of any use.

She patted her daughter's back softly, feeling her sleeping on her shoulder. Minjeong took in a shaky breath and looked down, staring at the envelope in her hands.

Minjeong looked back for a moment, reassuring herself her daughter was comfortably sleeping on her bed, well covered up. She blinked and took in a deep breath, before focusing on the three pages long letter in her hands.

Dear Minjeong,

I'm not even sure of how or when I should start explaining this. You hate me now, don't you? I know you do, you don't need to hide it...But I had, I really had to hide it from you. And I know you probably are upset with it, and I know my words probably won't change your opinion right now.

Do you remember when we first met? If you don't, let me remind you of it...

...That protest, August 2019.

...

Minjeong looked around worriedly, trying to see if she could identify her sister in the middle of that mess. However, she was startled as a black haired girl, around her age, quickly ran past her, almost hitting her.

...

I just kept looking at my back, making sure no one was following me, and you were there, in the middle of that mess.

I don't even know how I got past you, honestly. I guess it was just merely luck.

At that moment, I thought you were just someone I had randomly almost bumped into in an unfortunate moment. Honestly, at the moment I wasn't a single girl, I had a boyfriend...So I didn't pay much attention to our moment.

My boyfriend...He was Jeno. At the beginning of our relationship, everything was smooth and fine, but then...He started controlling me. I could handle it at first, but then I thought it was enough. That day of the protest, we ended everything between us.

I had it easy to escape from an unwanted relationship, though. I was a rich chaebol kid, who could go anywhere without worrying too much about paying bills and stuff...My father had decided that, the best for me, would be studying abroad. And that was how I ended up in the same place as you.