8

finally, beomgyu was at home. alone and relaxing. to be honest, his room felt more quiet without the older bothering him in there. but, that's what he wanted, right?

he couldn't help but feel lonely in his room without someone to constantly annoy him. maybe he should go to yeonjun's house later to finish the project. fuck, yeonjun's really starting to have an effect on him, huh?

beomgyu decided he was going to skip his afternoon nap to finish the project at yeonjun's house. surely, it won't change anything.

he was already ready to drive over to yeonjun's house, too.

"mom, i'm going to yeonjun's house to finish our project" beomgyu mumbled a quick goodbye to her and hopped in his car.

maybe, he was starting to like yeonjun just a bit.

now, he was standing outside of yeonjun's door. it was an understatement to say he was nervous. why was he even nervous? there was no reason to feel that way.

he sucked it up and knocked on the door.

almost immediately, the door opened.

"beomgyu? what are you doing here?" yeonjun greeted him, almost like he was his friend. that kind of made his heart flutter, only the slightest bit.

"i just wanted to finish the project sooner.." was the only excuse that beomgyu could think of at the moment. could he really admit that he missed the older's obnoxious presence?

yeonjun chuckled, "if you missed me, just say it" he led beomgyu to his room, but they bumped into yeonjun's sister on the way.

"didn't know you had friends, jun. cute ones in fact" she smiled and winked at beomgyu, earning a groan from yeonjun.

"he's only over for a project, with me. stop flirting with my friends and get a life, loner" yeonjun suddenly got defensive and took beomgyu's hand, taking him to his room.

oh, he called beomgyu his friend. it was just one word, but beomgyu couldn't stop thinking about it. for some reason, his face started to warm up.

"oh, yuck, you're blushing. don't tell me that my sister got to you?" yeonjun grimaced at the sight of beomgyu's flushed face.

"no, i'm just flattered she called me cute" there he goes again, today was like a lying spree for him. he doesn't know why he keeps lying at all. he doesn't know why his heart was beating so fast either.

yeonjun scoffed, "don't let it get to your head, she says that to any boy that's slightly her type" yeonjun sat down on his bed and pulled out his laptop from under his bed.

beomgyu took that as a cue to sit next to him too. he curiously watched yeonjun look through all of his slides before continuing his current one. his slides looked really nice, did they look this pretty last night?

suddenly, yeonjun waved a hand in front of his face. oh, he was spacing out on yeonjun's face. hold on, wasn't he just looking at the slides?

"are you gonna work on your slides or keep staring at me?" yeonjun snickered. "i know i'm attractive, but are you really gonna ignore our project in the process?" he looked back at the laptop and continued working.

that was scarily embarrassing for beomgyu. he wishes he never has to go through that amount of embarrassment again.

he pulled out his laptop from his bookbag and they worked together in awkwardly comfortable silence.