1

"you're so noisy, i think you should wrap it up before your little friends die of boredom." yeonjun walked over to beomgyu's small table of friends with his hands in his pockets. beomgyu was currently ranting to them about how his neighbor's dog chased him around the neighborhood for 20 minutes straight, but stopped to roll his eyes when he heard the familiar tone.

  "and i think you should go find some friends." he harshly glared at yeonjun. but instead of being intimidated, he laughed.

  "you really think you look scary right now? you look rather silly than intimidating." yeonjun snickered. beomgyu swore that his eyes would be stuck at the back of his head if he rolled his eyes one more time.

"get a life." beomgyu shooed him away and focused his attention back on his friends who were unfazed.

at this point, they weren't concerned anymore. this was like a normal part of their daily schedule. their relationship has been like this since 8th grade, a month before summer.

  "why do you even hate him so much?" his friend, taehyun asked.

  "hate is an understatement.." beomgyu separated the tomatoes from his little salad.

  "well, it has been 4 years.."

  "uh huh.." beomgyu was clearly not listening. all this yeonjun talk had him thinking about the day it started.

  as beomgyu entered the campus, he felt everyone's eyes suddenly on him. he felt a wave of cautiousness drown him. he didn't do anything controversial, not that he could think of. he kept his head down as he walked to his lockers, feeling shame as he heard whispers and laughs surrounding his name. he was about to slowly reach an arm out to open his locker and grab his stuff when he heard what was going on.

  "did you hear? beomgyu only got into that really good high school because his parents are loaded and donated a shit ton to the school. heard he's actually really dumb and cheated on the exam we had last month." he heard someone snicker. he clenched his fists. who the hell spread this rumor about him? yes, his parents were wealthy, but he worked hard to get into that high school. it hurt him to hear everyone ignore his hard work and accuse it for his power. he turned around to look at the group of friends who were already staring at him.

  "t-that's not true.. i worked really hard to get into that school.. and i didn't cheat either. who told you that?" he felt himself get smaller when the group laughed at him and walked closer to him.

  "who other than the everybody's favorite ? choi yeonjun, he's never wrong. shame on you for using wealth to get into a good school. don't you people work their ass off to be accepted while you just have to pay and you're in?" one of them scoffed and shoved him on the floor. beomgyu looked at the ground as he felt tears well up in his eyes. why was he getting discredited for something that wasn't even true? clearly, this choi yeonjun guy's been wrong before because this obviously wasn't true. people really are stupid, trusting others like that.

  "..i'm sorry.." his voice cracked as he tried to stand up but was pushed to the side. he was gonna have a long day today.

  the bell rang, he stood up and walked to class, people occasionally bumping into him harshly. he was the last one to arrive to his class when he saw a few people surrounding his table, scribbling something on it before laughing and walking back to their desk.  he quietly walked to his desk as everyone looked at him, whispers starting up again.