Detailed Summary

A/N: Skip this alternative summary if you prefer suspense and the fun of being surprised by the plot and characters (recommended). Read if you're not sure whether to give this book a shot just from the outside blurb and prefer knowing plot points in advance because you focus more on the journey.

Malik Noble was the leader of his realm's most important world management organization and consequently a workaholic. Somehow, he ended up falling into the Timeline Travel Device and landing in another world. The only way he can return home to his position and furry daughter is to enter this new world's management institution and climb the corporate ranks to gain access to their restricted portal.

After a year, he catches the CEO's eye and is promoted to the Reality Rip Resolution Department as an investigator. As a result, Malik is ordered to stabilize the universe by travelling across dimensions to different worlds to uncover and locate invisible rips in the fabric of reality. He requires a teammate, so the CEO chooses the closest top candidate.

Malik, whose native organization had very limited knowledge of other worlds: I'll delay my escape and gather information that I can take back to my world's people.

Secretary Grey, who has just been randomly demoted and paired with another enemy: "..."

Together, the two get tangled in mysteries as they encounter cheating spouses, orphaned children, demonic beasts, mad alchemists, dystopian societies, apocalypses, serial murderers, and more when the whimsical CEO sends them to worlds with increasing difficulty and danger.

Malik: "We seem to analyze similar clues. Our cooperation would be more efficient if you bothered to look at me."

Grey: "...I can't. You're too handsome. It pisses me off."

Malik, who has only experienced being swooned over: He's completely irrational. ...But why does he suddenly look kind of cool?

One day, the trail of mysteries leads back to reveal dangers lurking close to home. Who can they trust? As time passes, they come to find they're each other's biggest allies and together become the most powerful force in the universe that needs saving.