𝟏𝟎.

POTENTIAL THREAT ✓

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵉⁿ

. . . Y/N . . .

This entire week has been basically spent lost in my own thoughts following the trip to the store and conversation with Marcus a few days ago

This entire week has been basically spent lost in my own thoughts following the trip to the store and conversation with Marcus a few days ago. The conversation was just about living rent-free in my mind and second-guessing just about everything regarding the two. I couldn't help but wonder if I was in the wrong-maybe she's changed?

Sighing I leaned back in my chair and gazed out the window. The doubt and uncertainty swirling in my mind were making it hard to focus on anything else. It felt like a weight on my chest that I couldn't shake off, and I hated it. I knew I needed to address these emotions head-on and have an honest conversation with her... someday. But that day was not today, as my world does not revolve around her.

Sunlight streamed down from above, and I noticed it casting a warm glow over the ocean below. The sound of the breaking waves of the ocean provided a calming backdrop to my turbulent thoughts, which caused me to take a deep breath. Momentarily at peace, I puffed out that very breath. Before the sound of the beeping printer interrupted my moment of clarity, I whirled around in the chair to face the desk. Straightening my posture, I began organizing the printed papers together, stacking them perfectly in their proper places.

Eventually, once I noticed that the papers were in order, I got to work. Fortunately, I'm not completely useless anymore.

An hour and a half nearly passed, and my brain begged to start wrapping up, but when something off caught my attention, I couldn't resist. Diving back through the Stark Industries paperwork, I noticed something strange - a discrepancy in the financial records that didn't add up. After deciding to dig deeper into the documents, a pattern that pointed to potential embezzlement within the company emerged from the data analysis. Curving my brow, I cocked my head sideways, intrigued. "Hello, you," I murmured softly to no one in particular.