𝟎𝟓.

POTENTIAL THREAT ✓

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

. . . Y/N . . .

IN THE LIVING room with Pepper, I was sunken into one of the gray cushions, which was unusually comfortable compared to the rest of the furniture

IN THE LIVING room with Pepper, I was sunken into one of the gray cushions, which was unusually comfortable compared to the rest of the furniture. I may have judged it for looking as hard as a brick years ago based on the looks I saw from a distance, but sitting on it now felt like sinking into a cloud. Another reason to take on that one motto-what was it? Ah. Never judge a book by its blah, gray, boring, and bricked exterior. I know that's a mouthful, and most likely not the saying, but it perfectly describes my newfound appreciation for this cushion.

Shaking my head at myself, I returned my focus to the reduced stack of documents in my folder. Most were for Tony's upcoming firefighter's event, catering, venue arrangements, guest list, etc. The remaining, which I was simply avoiding, were from Stark Industries' latest performance reviews. I knew I needed to, as Pepper likes to call it, "prioritize the important things first," which I can completely do, but I also didn't want to be the one to tell Tony the bad news I knew was waiting for him in those reviews. Staring down at the documents, unmoving, I stay lost in thought.

Pepper, who had observed that I hadn't voiced any complaints since we started, halted her pen. Stealing a glance at me, she took note of my state and followed my gaze. Inhaling deeply, she then diverts her eyes back to me. "It isn't going to bite you, you know?" Pepper says this in a lighthearted manner, but her tone is serious. "Probably not... but it sure can leave a nasty paper cut if I'm not careful."