𝟎𝟖.

POTENTIAL THREAT ✓

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

. . Y/N . . .

AFTER ATTENDING THE meeting with Fury a few days ago and getting a little talk, surprisingly enough, I honestly almost felt better

AFTER ATTENDING THE meeting with Fury a few days ago and getting a little talk, surprisingly enough, I honestly almost felt better. I knew if the situation ever escalated and went sideways, he would intervene. If they ever found any dirt on Obadiah, they would intervene. If they ever found any new details, I would be looped in. But there was still a lingering sense of unease. Despite Fury's reassurances, I couldn't shake the feeling... and it was driving me crazy.

It was like an internal feeling that something was off, something I couldn't quite put my finger on. "Mommy, mommy, we go now?" Alaya's little voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I spared her a glance, noticing her innocent eyes filled with curiosity. "Mhm... just a few more minutes, sweetheart," I replied while patting her bed hair gently down. I then began to trail off as I checked what time it was. I frowned a little at that, realizing that Tony hadn't even bothered me once today.

Maybe this was what that weird feeling was. "Do you know what you wanna wear today?" I asked her, knowing she liked being able to pick what she wanted to wear. She took a second to understand what I said before she made an excited face. "Oh, I want to wear my pink dress!" she exclaimed, her eyes lighting up. I smiled, happy to see her enthusiasm. "Oh, really? Can you grab it for me so I can get you dressed?" She gave a big nod of her head and started running, her tiny feet pattering on the floor as she left.