Chapter 3

July 26, 1999

After leaving the diner the two relocated to another motel located in District 6 even if the vampires from the estate hadn't followed them he wanted to be safe.

It was close to midnight yet his paranoid mind wouldn't allow him to rest as he cleaned his knife for what felt like the thousandth time. He ran a cloth over it, back and forth before he peeked out the curtains of the motel room, checking to see if anyone was around. There wasn't.

He sighed lowly as his gaze traveled to the vampire girl, who was fighting to stay awake but her tired eyes betrayed her in the end as her head slowly slumped to the side.

"Aurelia." He called and the girl jumped awake, eyes scanning the room before they landed on Killian at the small table near the window. She sat up straight and waited for him to continue.
"Where did you come from?" He asked and her shoulders visibly slumped and she shook her head. "James Caddel said that he found you in District 11, what were you-"

"He's a liar." She said, cutting him off. " he didn't find me there." She stated with spitefulness he had never heard from the girl since she first  began speaking to him. He placed his knife down as he stood and walked over to the bed she sat upon.

"Where did he find you?" He whispered but the girl was quiet for a moment as she placed a hand over her forehead.

"Home." She said

"And where is your home?" He questioned. The girl dropped her hand and looked up at the man and that's when he noticed the tears in those colorful eyes.

"It doesn't exist anymore..."

"Tell me what happened." He told her, as he lowered himself onto the bed, but she shook her head again. He waited patiently as her tear filled eyes looked at everything but him, until they finally landed on him.

"James... he came and killed them all." She sobbed as the tears in her eyes finally fell. The girl was finished speaking. As she cried Killian went over her words, coming to a conclusion. James Caddel found her home and killed her family leaving only her alive.

Hearing the girl's sobs had made him think of the time he had lost someone important to him. He had been just a boy when his mother had died of an illness, leaving him all alone in the world. He had cried for days on end but eventually moved forward as he found new people to fill his life.

Before he even knew it his hand had raised to set on top of her head. His lips stretched into an empathetic smile as he patted the girl on the head. She sniffed, looking up at the man and her lips quivered as fresh tears began to fill her eyes.

"Killian..." she whined.

"Yes, Aurelia?"

"Thank you."

————————————————————————

He had sat up with her until she fell asleep, Killian then moved to grab his bottle of vodka and a glass as he made his way back to the table. Sitting down he quickly peeked out the curtains, sighing as he saw that no one was there. He poured the alcoholic drink into the glass before lifting it to his lips.

His gaze traveled over to the sleeping vampire girl, she had fallen asleep with reluctance but after all the crying she did, she couldn't help but give in in the end. He still didn't know what to make of her or what to even do with her. She was a vampire on the wrong side of the border and he a Hunter, if anyone found out... it wouldn't end well for either of them. He had to figure out what he was going to do and soon, he was sure it wouldn't be long before the child arrived.

He sat contemplating his choices, he didn't have many. First choice was to turn her in, let the director decide what to do with her. Second Choice take her back to the border and allow her to cross back over. The first choice didn't sit quite  right with him, not when he knew what would happen to her should he turn he in. They'd either kill her right then and there or experiment on her and the child.

He had to decide now so he could come up with a fail proof plan. Turn her in or send her home. His only choices. He'd have to make a decision and the best one at the moment seemed to be—

The sound of his ringing phone caught his attention. His hand reached for the vibrating device before he raised it to his ear.

"Moore." He answered.

Blood Forge