△ Chapter 34 △

If he had been awake another minute he would have seen that his question was answered.

A blaring alarm erupted throughout the building.

The Right Arm was here. Finally.

...

 ''THOMAS!''

He opened his eyes. Thomas got his elbows under him and pushed himself up.

He looked around and noticed the room in a big mess. He finds the nurses from before dead on the floor. There was no light and shards of window glass lay everywhere.

''What the hell happened?''

He looked around some more and spotted a manila folder on the table beside his bed.

He swung his legs around to sit up on the edge of the mattress and grabbed it.

There were a lot of papers inside. The first was a map of the WICKED complex, with black marker tracing several routes through the building. The second was a letter addressed to him and signed by Chancellor Paige. And the other ones contained Newt's patterns.

A picture of him clipped to the left side of it. SUBJECT ID A8. FULL NAME CLASSIFIED.

He started to read the letter first.

Dear Thomas,

The Trials are over. I was able to stop this procedure and save your life. Your participation, and that of the other subjects, is no longer necessary.

There are three paths marked on the map I've enclosed. The first shows you how to leave this building through a tunnel. There, you can join your friends from The Right Arm. The second route will show you how to get to the Immunes. (The Maze) And the third shows you how to find the back door. It's a Flat Trans that will transport you to what I hope will be a new life.

And lastly but most importantly, I have gathered you all the information from Newt's analyzed kill zone patterns. It contains a number of memorandums and experimental procedures. Procedures that were done to allowed him to experiment all the symptoms of the Flare. (They achieved that by creating a serum).  He NEVER had the Flare. It was simple all controlled by them. Another  Variable. I shut down the implant that my associates left in his brain at the beginning of the Trials. He's safe now.

SIGNED: Ava Paige, Chancellor.