△ Chapter 33 △

(Meanwhile with Alex)

She was waiting, waiting for all of this to be over. She let her mind wander again. She zoned out for a couple of minutes until Lawrence came crashing through the doors with Newt in his arms.

Alex got up quickly. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She rushed to his side.

''How?'' her voice a faint whisper.

''That boy, Thomas. I don't know if he's stupid or brave. This guy was way past the Gone and he insisted on saving him''

''Was?''

''Yeah, he woke up and I thought he was going to eat me. Instead he asked me where he was and fell asleep after''

Alex was dumbfounded. A crank past the gone loses all sense of rational behavior and no longer responds to reasoning. Why did he?

Lawrence put down Newt on his back in a near couch causing him to moan and shift a little.

''He told me you were a doctor, right?''

''Med-Jack, yeah'' She says quietly, and kneeled down beside the couch.

''He had only sustained minor cuts. The antibiotics and antibacterial cream will do. I'm gonna' go ahead and start to take care of the rest. Till then I need you to find me some fresh clothes and a glass of water. After that you should get some rest as well''