△ Chapter 12 △

Before she knew it, Alex woke up in a warm lap. She thought she was still on the cold pavement, but her head was resting on someone's legs. She woke up to see Thomas's face staring down at her.

''Hey. How do you feel?''

''I don't think I've ever felt so drained in my life'' Alex groaned, stretching her cramped body out.

...

Once she recomposed herself, she looked over at him, getting a good look at him. Nothing out of the ordinary, just that he looked so beat up and saw what looked like a blood stain and a rip over his jeans.

''What happened to you?''

''It's just a bullet graze''

''Let me see'' He put his right leg in her lap so she could get a good look at the wound.

''Makes me miss the old days when I was a Med-Jack''

After a couple of minutes, Alex had finished nursing the bullet graze on him and gotten him cleaned up.

...

''So umm, where are we going?''

''Denver. Jorge checked the Berg tracking system. Frypan and the others went there''

"And?''

''Brenda knows a guy named Hans who moved to Denver-he's immune like us. He worked at WICKED but he managed to escape. Brenda claims that he's a genius. If we can get to him, he'll be able to take those things out of our heads''

...

Alex saw Brenda made her way towards them. Brenda gave Thomas a half-hearted smile.

''I hope I'm not interrupting something important?" She said.

"No, not at all''

Sometimes Alex can't help but to look at the brown-eyed girl and be jealous. She knew Brenda had feelings for Thomas, and she tried to push them aside. She knew she shouldn't be jealous, that was not like her and Thomas is her boyfriend after all.

But anyways she decided to leave and leave them alone.

''Where are you going, Al?" Thomas asked.

''I think I'm gonna' go talk to Newt'' Alex turned her head back, pointing with her thumb behind her.