△ Chapter 11 △

After gathering up their weapons, they searched for an hour, but to no avail.

''Well maybe they came and left already'' Alex told him as they continue to run.

Suddenly they heard gunshots. It was coming from ahead of them.  

''C'mon!''They jogged down the hall towards the sound. All kinds of shouts and warnings grew louder.

Throwing the door open, they saw the hangar. The enormous Berg, waiting for them.

But there were at least a dozen black-clothed guards firing at it.

"Hey!" Minho shouted.

They turned to look in the direction who's shouting. Their friends were inside the Berg shooting at the guards with their Launchers.

The large ramp of the giant Berg was opened. They were trying to keep them away.

''We need to get inside! They'll have our backs. Ready?" Thomas whispered.

He grabbed her hand and together they sprinted away to the Berg. Grenades flew through the air back and forth, gunfire and screams filled the air, bodies fell and fear increased. They'd almost made it when a Launcher grenade smashed against Alex's back. She screamed and fell face down to the ground.

Thomas skidded to a stop. ''Alex!''

Newt had obviously seen this, so he got out of the Berg and started running towards her as he continued firing.

''What are you doing?!'' Minho shouts.

''Cover us!''

Thomas waited anxiously on the ground next to Alex, waiting for the electricity to die.

Newt reached him, dropped to the ground.

''Take my Launcher'' He slid his gun off his shoulder and handed it to him.

The lightning finally started to die down, but there were still a couple of tendrils crawling over her body. He didn't care.

He slipped his arms around her ignoring the pain and lifted her off the ground, carrying her directly towards the Berg.

Thomas nodded and started firing randomly. The adrenaline rushing through his body like crazy.

 ''Thomas!''

A bullet grazed Thomas's leg, ripping through his jeans, and making him buckle it.

The Berg already starting to take off.

He took a moment to look at the damage. Dark crimson blood oozed out.

''Thomas!''

The Berg was hovering three feet off the ground, slowly rising.

Thomas started running/limping towards it.

''C'mon!'' Minho shouts, extending his hand toward him.

He just jumps, catching Minho's outstretched palm and letting him yank him into the Berg.