△ Chapter 13 △

Alex sat down next to him, a nervous look on her face. Newt silenced himself, eager to hear what she had to say.

''What did you want to talk about?''

''I know this is going to sound very confusing, but you are my brother'' He looked up at her, his brows drawn together in confusion, but he didn't speak.

There was a moment of silence before Alex spoke again, ''I know. We don't look alike at all but our eyes have the same color. We have the same eyes as our moth-''

"I can't do this right now, I'm sorry" He said as he suddenly stood up.

''I-I don't understand what you mean by that''

Suddenly, an unexpected wave of anger came over Newt, ''I can't do this!'' he shouted.

''I just found out I have a brother after spending most my life thinking I was alone and you can't do this?''

There was hurt in her eyes, but there was also anger.

''I just can't, okay?''

''Can we just please talk about this?''

''There's nothing to talk about! WICKED's fancy cure is never going work for me and I'm going to die and leave you alone. I can't protect you, at least not in this state. I love you but I'm not your brother. I'm not enough for you''

''That's what you're worried about? The fact that you're sick''

''Please go, I just... really need space right now.''

''Space?''

''Yes''

''Okay. I understand'' she said.

There was a knock on the door. ''Al is everything alright?'' Thomas asked.

''Uh yeah everything's fine''

Newt watched as Alex got up and headed towards the door.

''I just thought I should tell you something as important as this. I thought you'd care''

...