prisoner

AUTUMN OF 1987
--------------------

"Are you ready, Miss?" The slender man dressed in dark cargo pants and a light blue shirt said while adjusting the gun tucked in his garner belt.

Was I? I don't know.

My hands were gripping the papers in a death grip and I felt sweat form on my forehead. This was insane. I have never done anything like this before. When I applied for this job I didn't know that in the first week, I'll have to talk to a prisoner. And not just any prisoner but someone who massacred seven people in one night.

My thoughts go back to what Mr. Anderson said about him.

"Here is the file on prisoner number 24XK8. He was caught two weeks ago and we still are not able to get any information out of him." The yellow file with a few papers inside was pushed toward me.

"He does not speak with anyone really. When we ask why he did it, what were the motives, he only denies it." I nodded, intertwining my fingers in nervousness.

"He killed seven people in just one night. They were brutally murdered. In such an inhuman way. We still can't figure out how he did it." I knew that people were murdered but I didn't know who did it or what was the motive behind it.

My neighbor Diana was one of the victims. An elderly lady that treated me like her daughter. The only reason why I'm actually considering this. Because of her. Because I want to know what happened.

"This is where you come into the picture. We figured that if you, a young lady who can't really harm him would ask the questions. You're also studying physiology, we trust that you will get something out of this. These prisoners here would rather talk to a young girl like you than to any of the detectives." My blood boiled at the last sentence.

He also talked about the rules. There will be a glass between us for protection and also guards will be guarding the doors the whole time. Not going to lie, the rules made me shiver. Was he that dangerous that he could harm me even as a prisoner, with so much security all around?

When Anderson left the office, I opened the file but there was little to no information. The stuff that was here was mostly what I heard from Mr. Anderson. There was no age, no information about where he was from, and also no photo.

I knew nothing of the man I was going to interview, just that he is a dangerous killer and that his name is Amoux.

Way to start with your job, Sophia.

"You can go inside now." He said and pressed his thumb on the small screen next to the steel doors.

A scan noises beeped and the doors opened with a thud. The empty cold hallway we were standing at, was definitely something out of a horror movie. It was not pleasant at all.

The slender man who stood next to me pushed the doors which seem to be heavy by the expression on his face.

When the gate was opened wide, it revealed a plain room. There was a small table placed next to a glass and a chair pushed close to it. On the other side of the glass was the same.

"The prisoner will be on the other side after you settle in." He grunted out. "Press on that button when you're ready and they'll bring him in." I watched his wrinkled finger point to the small button centered on the wall by the glass.