in 21 days - part two

A buzzing sound woke me up from my restless sleep.

Who could be at this time? Rubbing my eyes, I slowly opened them and turned my head to the nightstand. There was a small round clock and it showed that it was 7 am.

7 am?!

What is wrong with people? Why would someone bother me at this time of the day?

I extended my hand and grabbed the phone. I placed it in front of me but it wouldn't open. It doesn't recognize my face? Am I that ugly in the morning?

Groaning, I quickly typed the password which I had to change because Sara always uses my phone when she's bored.

The password of four sevens was typed on the keyboard and the phone finally opened.

The message popped up on my notifications center and I opened it. It was an unknown number. What the heck?

Pressing on it, I carefully read it.

Unknown: Be really at 8 pm sharp. -Aurelio

How did he get my number? That piece of shit.

Well, sir, you'd be disappointed but I'm always late so you'll have to wait for me a little. And also you'll pay for disturbing me this early in the morning.

Who does he think he is?

Sighing deeply, I rolled to my side and continued with my sleep. I woke up a few times but thankfully continued sleeping.

When I woke up again the clock was 11 am. Okay not that bad.

I usually wake up at 1 pm so today I did good. Maybe I couldn't sleep properly because certain someone had to message me that early.

What is he even doing at that time of the day?

He works Amelia unlike you.

Today was Wednesday but it felt like any other day to me because all of my time was spent the same. At home or shopping with Mom and Sara. And painting of course.

What a boring life, I know.

Rubbing my temples, I pushed myself off the bed and the cold floor underneath my feet made me wince.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and took my time to shower, brush my teeth, and do my skincare routine.

Wrapping a soft towel around me, I opened the door of the bathroom and exited.

I walked towards the closet and threw on the simplest pajamas I had. After that, I went to dry my hair and I clasped it half back.

Then I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen where I spotted Giussepe. "Good morning Pepe," I exclaimed and went to hug him. He was like a second father to me and Sara.

"Morning Lia." He chuckled and placed his hands around me before placing a kiss on my forehead.

Giussepe was in his late sixties and he and his wife Julia worked here for our family. She was the head maid and he was the head chef.

"What are you making?" I asked and looked over his shoulder.

"Your favorite." The delicious aroma of the Crêpe's hit my nose.

"How did you know that I craved something with chocolate?" I grinned at him.

"Of course, I know. You doubt me, Lia?" I quickly shook my head.

"Never." He nodded while smiling and ushered me to sit by the wooden table next to the windows.

I did as I was told and waited for him to finish with the food. He never liked me helping him because he always says that he works best when he's alone. And I understand it.