nothing left

Kiya

"So you wouldn't care if something happened to me?" My vision was blurred from the unshed tears that were welled up in my sage green eyes.

The cold air caressed my bare arms and collarbone. My dark hair was getting blown behind me from the soft wind around us.

I bit my lip to prevent the tears from falling. He just stood there. His hands were in his pockets. His hair was perfectly styled. His suit clanged to his strong figure.

Those eyes I fell in love with were empty of any emotion. It was nothing there. They were as cold as the first day of our marriage. Nothing but emptiness in them.

My eyes traveled over his face to capture a fraction of emotion for a second, but nothing. He felt nothing.

For five months I've been fighting with myself to figure out what I did. What caused this? This madness that was called our marriage. Everything was perfect and then everything changed in one night. On the night of our wedding. When Hade took my hand and we left the wedding party, I though it was going to be the start of something beautiful.

That our lives would be beautiful and peaceful. Just like I have always imagined. I knew that one day I'll have an arranged marriage. With my father's choice of work, I knew something like this would have happened. He was a CEO of a big company and always had to have connections with different business partners, like Hade's dad.

When my dad first told me about the marriage I was not happy, but then I met Hade, he changed my mind. He was sweet, kind, and patient. He showered me with affection and love. That was all it took for me to fall in love with him.

He took me on my dream dates, he would buy me books, read to me, and send me good night and good morning texts. He would make sure that I was comfortable and well cared for by him.

Everything he did was perfect. Something out of a fairytale. My life was like those romance novels I've read. Where the guy of your dreams appears out of nowhere and makes your life better than it was. As a partner should do.

And he did. For a short period of time.

In the two months of our engagement, he was everything I ever dreamed of in a man.

He was... so good to me. I don't know what happened after the wedding.

The lights were decorating the streets around us. The chill weather added to the coldness of his heart and froze me even more. I was used to it. Even though I knew I shouldn't be.

This is not how a union between two people should be.

His jaw clenched. "No." He finally said the word I was afraid to hear.

A bitter laugh escaped my lips and the tears fell down. Of course, he wouldn't. He wouldn't care. He said it. And he didn't move a muscle.

"Not even a little?" I still had hope. Maybe, maybe he was lying this time. Maybe this time he didn't mean it.

Maybe he was going to smile and tell me he was joking. Who knows. I looked at his eyes again. Trying to find something. Something that will justify the tinniest of hope i still had.