thief - TURNED INTO A BOOK

‼️ NOW PUBLISHED AS A BOOK ON MY ACCOUNT ‼️

Ophelia

Were my lungs going to give up? Probably.

Was I going to stop running and give up? No. Hell nah, I won't give them that satisfaction.

Maybe I was being reckless and putting myself in danger but I had to. It was the only way to survive on the streets.

I couldn't just sit on the sidewalk and pray for people to pity me. No, I had to work and find a way to get myself at least a piece of bread.

And this time it was a good catch. I have been following these two men who were currently running after me. Yes, I was trying to get away from two giants. What were these people eating anyway?

Earlier, I caught a sigh of two men dressed in expensive suits, waiting for someone. Well, and something.

Another elderly man who didn't look exactly like them, gave them an envelope filled with money. And of course, I had to steal it, what else?

It was not the easiest task I have given myself but I successfully did it. If you can say successfully because they saw me.

Can they give up already? Damn...

They have been chasing me for forever now. Foreign words were thrown around and I placed my hand over my chest, trying to catch up on my breaths.

My sneakers were beaten up and it felt like my feet were touching the ground. My clothes barely kept me warm from the cold as I ran in the dark alleys. I knew these streets even if you blinded me but it was hard now that I had two guys chasing me with guns in their hands.

Oh did I forget to say that? They had freaking guns!

I have been chased by people with knives but never guns. Well, you experience something new every day.

I clutched the envelope in the pocket of my hoodie. I can't risk losing it right now. It had a lot of money inside, from what I was able to see.

My breaths were getting shorter and my head was getting dizzy. I haven't eaten properly in two days and I only drank water once today. From the pipe in the public bathroom. That thought alone makes me want to throw up.

Did this opportunity have to pop up today from all days?

That's how much luck I had.

I passed a few homeless people that I had never seen before. They must be new here because I haven't seen them yet.

I passed a corner and quickly ran to the big green dumpster. The lights were very dim here and I can just hope they don't find me.

I placed a hand over my mouth to muffle my harsh breathing. My whole body was shaking as I curled myself closer to the dumpster.

It was cold, like really cold. It was mid-November and I was thankful that snow hadn't fallen yet. It was the hardest when it was snowing. For now, I was staying in an abandoned house nearby but the roof was falling apart, and getting snow now, meant having to find another place.