in 21 days

"Ughh! This dress won't fit!" Sarafina yelled with so much frustration I thought a flare of smoke will come out of her ears and nose.

I crossed my legs and grabbed a chicken nugget from the plate. I brought it to my mouth and immediately spit it out. It was cold.

"I already told you to wear the black one," I said and pushed myself off the armchair.

"Mom said to not wear black. I told you like a hundred times, Amelia." Did she? I don't even know because I wasn't listening.

Sarafina likes to talk a lot and sometimes I zone out when she's blabbing about her life. I love her to death but the talking is just way too much for me. I like my peace.

She struggled with the zip and when I saw her almost start to cry, I stepped next to her and took hold of the zip, and tried to fit her in the emerald green dress.

She took a breath and we somehow after a few minutes of struggling, finally did it.

It looked stunning on her.

Sarafina had light brown hair that almost look blonde. It was long and healthy looking. She picked up her looks from our mom, with beautiful green eyes and a fit body she was what everyone wanted to look like.

On the other hand, I picked up my dad's look with tanner skin and darker hair. My eyes were dark brown resembling almost black color. I was about an inch shorter than her and my body wasn't built like her. I didn't have her full boobs and flat stomach.

It's not like I put my mind to how I look. It was not my main priority. My main focus was to go to college for arts.

I loved painting and creating. It was my passion. I tried so many times to convince my dad to let me go to school but he wouldn't let me. He did consider it for a while but then my uncle and aunt got in the way and filled his head with all sorts of scenarios. That I won't be able to find a suitable husband, that I'll start going on the wrong paths, and that I'll embarrass our family name.

Because of them, I was stuck at home.

"What are you wearing?" She asked while fixing her bangs.

I placed my hands on my hips while biting the inside of my cheek. Hmm, I still haven't thought of that.

"I have no idea," I said and shrugged my shoulders.

Turning around her eyes widened. "Are you crazy? They are coming in about an hour."

I mean I had one hour. I'll just throw on a simple dress and put my hair in a ponytail or something. They were not coming here for me anyways. They will be here for Sarafina.

"I have time, Sara." She shook her head in disappointment and faced the mirror again.

Her dress clanged to her body like a second skin and her hair was curled in luscious waves and pushed back, flowing around her. She did her makeup as per usual and she looked stunning.

My sister was truly beautiful.

I smiled at her and then took a few steps back and exited her room. My room was next to hers and I quickly tip-toed there so my mom wouldn't see me. She'll make a big deal out of this, me not being ready.

When I arrived in my room, I walked over to the closet and the first color that popped in front of my eyes was orange.

I grabbed the material and lifted it in front of me. It was the dress I bought online last year. I never wore it.

It was a beautiful satin in burnt orange. It reached under the knees and had thin straps.

Maybe I could wear this one.